• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my first 55g SW Tank

we are skimmin on the 55.. not the greatest skimmer by any means. But for $30 i have invested it's better than nothing at the moment..

also what would be a proper size sump for the 55? i see alot of smaller mag drives for sale. might as well stock pile goods for this tank since it's "Hers" ;D

"Hers"

.... funny!

Check out the Quite One pumps if you're thinking Mag. Nice pumps low temp & watts, decent price point. A QO 3000 would be perfect on a SCWD or a Sea Swirl.

I haven't updated this in a little while since i have been focusing on the 220..

I had added some live rock a little while ago that had tons of life so a new FTS is in order.. My anemone which you all remember was completely white is now a light green and i have a Condy anemone as well that stays in his place.. i haven't really done a whole lot to this tank, the skimmer is working nicely as is the HOB filter. plans are still to switch to a RR tank or an overflow with sump/refuge. Lighting i think i am going to get the Nova Extreme Pro when we do the PA group buy.

I have a slight cyano outbreak at the moment but the Conch and Nassarius/astrea snails that i added are keeping everything clean and the sand bed turned over. Apparently Zebra hermits are very territorial and killed the two other ones he was with. They also grow very large. I personally recommend buying additional hermit shells of varying sizes for them to move into..

I saw my cleaner shrimp this morning on my GBTA where he was protruding from the rock not in his tentacles.. i thought that was weird

Pics tonight if i can find my Tripod!

Today Premium Aquatics in DE had a 20% off dry goods sale so i took the opportunity to purchase a new light.. I am now the proud owner of a Nova Extreme Model 1122 T5 4X54W !! what a difference.

;D Sorry for the delay in pics. We now have a school of Chromis, 4 all together. I caught the white/black damsel finally and threw him into the big tank for now. Also a Yellow Watchman Goby!

DSCN1617.jpg
DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg
DSCN1621.jpg
DSCN1622.jpg

some pics.. Like the Pictures on the tank? they did absolutely nothing, Clowns could care less about them.
HPIM2338.jpg

Frogspawn from Joe Thanks!
HPIM2339.jpg

And you're only using the stock bulbs? Wait till you upgrade to better bulbs and then you'll see even more of a difference.

Kenya Tree...they just as bad as xenia....i think I have 5 of those things growing in the display. Soon the regal will be going in there and devastating them all.

some new pics and frags..

My chili lovin his new home
DSCN1632.jpg

Frogspawn
DSCN1633.jpg

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

Some sort of small purple zoas?
DSCN1636.jpg

Green star
DSCN1639.jpg

I dunno what this little worm guy is but i have a bunch of them there tubes are made from the sand and there is two things that come out of this one.
DSCN1651.jpg

I want you to all see the anemone side by side from what it is now since we bought it..

NOW
DSCN1637.jpg

When we bought it.
DSCN1539.jpg

Good save on the anemone there. Colored up nicely. Now that green cyano needs to be addressed. Been overfeeding your chili? ;)

Recv'd my Favia, mean greens, dragon eyes and Purple Ricordia from Mr. Coral. All of which are not very happy, the box was cold and fed-ex loves to make this the last stop apparently :(/

The Zoas are all closed up and the favia ejected the green that was in the center near its mouth so whatever that means i'll have to see

I hear you. I'm still waiting for my package to be delivered. They sent it to some other fedex location when there is one about a mile from my house. It's been on the delivery truck since 6AM and it's now 8PM. I'm expecting all DOAs at this point.

Brandon, how's the favia doing? I LOVE that anemone. Is it a rock 'nem? Great colors. How big is it? And how sticky? Is it vicious? (ok...enough questions)

The favia unfortunately is a white skeleton now and was good food to the hermits, bristleworms and pods i saw on it. it was purple with bright green in the center but did not enjoy the 40 degree water it was in. the zoas are staring to open up one by one.

The GBTA is getting stickier it can grab stuff floating by but nothing like that Condi was. I threw the condi down in the basement and it's fluorescing green on its tentacles under the VHO's, wierd :p Oh and yes that Condi was viscous i think he ate like 4 green chromis :eek:

Bought a Pro Clear Wet/dry sump today it's missing a few pieces but for $40 couldn't beat it. I can't take Jennifer any where i swear.. She had to have a Pink Skunk Clown and a Coral Beauty for $15 (a trigger was hungry a little) & (went in the 220). Also picked up some Elephant ears i think and another type of mushroom for $5 each :)!

Edit for pictures :) I couldn't get the tiny mushrooms they are blue underneath with Green Tops?

New red mushroom with blue dots
DSCN1684.jpg

Pink Skunk waiting for the GBTA to Re inflate
DSCN1686.jpg

Mushroom i got from Mark. Got an ID? Hairy Mushroom or somethin?
DSCN1685.jpg

Mean Greens from MR. Coral
DSCN1689.jpg