• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my first 55g SW Tank

Thanks Phil. I spoke with sonny (not that it was a big deal) it is winter time but he said he would hook me up next order.. The dragon eyes haven't really opened up much hopefully they just need more time.

I think i'm gunna bust out the Minolta, YES I SAID MINOLTA! 35mm and get a macro lens since all i can find is an original Tele-photo lens. Somewhere I think we have a full setup to develop them minus the chemicals

Busy little pair they are...

DSCN1727-1.jpg

new scooter which is very cool
RSCN1745.jpg

i couldnt get a picture of the Arrow crab but he is neat to watch as well.

Honestly bax.. we have a pair of Skunks and pair of True Percs no problems in the 55.. actually the skunks got the percs to start hosting a nem.

I think even though they are anemone fish they don't look anything alike so there is no inter-species aggression

A couple shots and The on going battle with Green microalgae.... I just need a few more parts and i'll have a sump for this tank and be able to put a phos reactor online and get rid of this algae

Two shots I have here.. One Very Beautiful RBTA from DaveH, This thing really pops under the actinics and another RBTA from OCGII. While the OCGII RBTA pops on it's ends nothing like the intensity that a Reefer Grown RBTA does.

OCGII RBTA
DSCN1799.jpg

RBTA from daveh right after putting it in. it has since slid uder the rock a little to hide from the bright lights
DSCN1798.jpg

today it really opened up I'm not sure which one i grabbed Dave, since one was attached to the wall but holy crud!
DSCN1801.jpg

I picked up some Chemi Pure and a Algae Blenny in the battle agains microalgae.. also learned a tidbit about New Life Spectrum Pellets. Apparently they ARE a good pellet but, contains Mussel which has a TON of Organics in it and probably my cause. so i picked up some Omega 2 pellets

Well for what it's worth the chemi pure did squat.. maybe i didnt use enough but w/e.. the green cyano is gone i added another powerhead and the flow made it all go bye bye. pics tomorrow!

quick pics.. This tank is in the air, i'm trying to talk her into an In wall 90G when we move the tv so i haven't done much with this. getting ready to change bulbs from Current USA to UVL's as well..

Cap from Bax when i bought the 220 and a Finger Leather from Mark.
DSC02565.jpg

and Her favorite Pink Skunk Clown and the RBTA from DaveH.. The color and size is stunning i must say!
DSC02573.jpg

i want to state for the record i really hate this tank.... it is doing good with minimal maintenance and coming together nicley i really hate the size. The front to back of tank is too shallow and the stand well.. you know you can't fit anything down there, ugh...

some pics soon we just got in a sweet shipment for this tank :)

The End has come for this tank thread to fade away to the back of the forum... goodbye tanky.. how i did hate you..

All inhabitants and corals moved to the 120 with only one casulty the arrow crab. RIP Pal........