• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My first build thread (29g Biocube)

howze01

NJRC Member
If it was a more expensive frag, I would let it grow out a bit. With the...well, probably 100+ zoa or paly frags I grew and/or killed, the vast majority of the successful ones were multiple polyp frags. Not 2 or 3 either, more like 6 or 7. The good news is, that frag looks like a paly more than a zoa so it's likely it will eat. the frags I had that would eat grew MUCH faster than the ones that didn't. Like George said, turn off all the flow, or most of it, and drop the food right on top of it. I will tell you too that if I really tried to power feed something to make it grow real fast it often had the opposite effect and died off sometimes. I would say try feeding it up to 2 or 3 times a week.

It's an amazingly beautiful frag and I hope it goes crazy for you guys!

Im going to let it grow before I cut it for them. I wouldnt feel right doing it now and then losing it especially cuz its not mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Update 11/26:

5amesedy.jpg

Ta da! It has been a very reef filled weekend, what with the meeting and the several stores we went to.
I scheduled time in to do some tank stuff, and if you cant tell, I added an extra rock from Fengs Reef to give the tank an extra layer and gave a huge opening.
I also got my second sps piece from Feng.

e8u7eteb.jpg

And the bottom, well, I have rock commitment issues and still havent found a place. No pictures since they wouldnt open fully.

Oh oh my green frogspawn split to two heads. It was my first split and If you couldnt tell I was very excited.

Update 1/1/14:

For Christmas, Kyle got me a camera battery as a stocking stuffer for my nikon. I'm an amateur photographer but I was really excited over these pictures heehe.

RSCN2116[1].jpg

FSCN2106[1].jpg

These are jgraz's utter chaos' that I got a couple months ago

DSCN2118[1].jpg

Um I bought you that as a gift from ny heart and you use it to shame my photos in comparison.... great pics. I love the first one

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Update 1/12/14:

tuda9uja.jpg

I placed most of the zoa frags on the rocks to see if they like it there. If they do, next week im gonna put them on the rocks! Im excited, I also need the sand space incase I get too much at the frag swap at that pet place lol.

I like your torch!! Tank looks good Jing! When ya gonna come over and see mine?? Or u can just wait and see my new 150g :)

Ahahha eventually im sure if kyle helps you move over the tank ill come and bring pizza. I wish the torch would split already it just stopped midway.