• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new 90 gallon

Tank is all up[ and running, here are some pics of the new guys loving all the extra space. All fish are getting along great and corals are opening up completely. So far so good.

DogPark-32.jpg

DogPark-35.jpg

DogPark-42.jpg

DogPark-44.jpg

DogPark-15.jpg

looks great joe! i love how the shrimp is enjoying the archway.

question - did you widen the tunze cover? Looks like you took out every other bar or something.

Thanks guys. The covers on the tunze's were done by Stan. He said it inncreased flow, or maybe widened it out i forget. I only have them at about 30% power and it still blows my sand around a little

I actually converted my 6100s back to 6000s to avoid the sandstorms. I'd have like one corner of the tank with no sand and right next to it a 6 inch mound. ;D

I figure once I get corals going and the tank gets more crowded - I'll switch the hockey pucks out and make them back into 6100s.

They do move the sand around a lot, but it seems to have settled off for the most part. It is funny when a fish is swimming and hits the current stream, you can definitely see where the power is

In an attempt to stop filling the top off by hand I decided to try and make an auto top off with things I had laying around the house first before I bought a fancy one. The only thing I bought was a few fittings for my RO unit (from Air Water Ice) and a 10 gallon garbage can. I have a fairly large closet in my loft where my hot water heater is so I tapped that pipe and hung my RO unit in the closet. The ceiling in the closet is about 13' high so at the very top I put up a shelf and put the garbage can on it. I ran a water line form the RO to the can with a float valve, then added a 1/4" bulk head at the bottom of the can and ran the hose through the wall and into my sump, connected to another float valve. So far it has worked perfectly, it has been up and running for about 4 days and the level is exaclty where I have it marked on my sump.
ATO001.jpg

ATO004.jpg

I went to Stan's yesterday...and again today (unfortunately for my wallet). I got some AMAZING pieces for great prices as always. Here are some pics.

Stan001.jpg

Stan002.jpg

Stan003.jpg

Stan005.jpg

Stan007.jpg

real nice acans your set up is looking good. i would be careful with that container up there if those brackets broke that would be a real mess good luck with it

Thanks a lot. The pair of brackets can hold up to 250 lbs. I figure there is only about 9 gallons of water int here max so if there is 80 pounds of weight that would be the most it sees. I thought it would be okay

Some new stuff added, here are some pics. I took another shot of the rainbow acan I got from Stan because it is the coolest piece in my tank.

Stage5047.jpg

Stage5004.jpg

Stage5003.jpg

Stage5056.jpg

man, that rainbow looks SWEET!!!!! I can't believe you have two Tunzes in your tank. What setting do you have them on? Are they pointing directly at each other?

I have them on sequential, pulsing between 0 and 40% power. They are facing directly at each other, when they weren't the sand was swirling around all over the place. The only place that the sand moves is dead center in front of the tank, but not too badly. Once a week I have to spread it back but I have a ton of water movement inside the tank

tank looks awesome joe! Makes me want to run over to smcooler and check it out. Unfortunately right now my wallet is not cooperating with doing ANY shopping. :p

Thanks a lot Phil I appreciate it. Unfortunately for me Stan is closer to my house then any LFS so more often then not I end up there, just about weekly