• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new 90 gallon

My new acan, and a FTS.

Stage5091.jpg

FTS.jpg

My black sand is just getting slammed with diatoms...rusty color. I can't wait for the invert group buy.

Your sand on the other hand looks great (beautiful when contrasted with that close up pic of your corals).

I was getting a lot of diatoms also, but it went away fairly quick with some nasarius snails. The little cyano bloom was making it look bad for a while though.

2 new fish added. A starry blenny from Aquatic Obsessions, and a female bellus angel from Steve at Aqua Oceans in Toms River.

Starry004.jpg

Fish035.jpg

The starry is real tough to find in the tank, especially with the black sand, but he is cool to watch. The bellus on the other hand stands out and eats like a maniac. Aqua Oceans has some awesome fish for great prices.

I wasn't clear ;)....probably not. Well you have a lot of arches and towers vs stone wall, 90 G tank is little different, black sand is little different ...to me it is a change of pace when you add it all up. I really like it, I even used your rockwork as a successful example of what could be done with a narrower tank hope you don't mind.

So I havent posted anything new about my tank in a long long time, here it is, lots of new growth. New corals and I added 2 new fish today also.

Powder015.jpg

Powder019.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Love the way the dark sand looks and the rock work. I hope the bellus angel is still doing well, they are a beautiful fish.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am really sorry to hear that, Trop had a small female (2 inches or smaller) if you are looking for a replacement. We added an anem to our tank and had an angel become its first snack as well, so we know the feeling.

Wow looks great ... you certainly don't need to keep that one a secret from us. ;D
I am sure you are enjoying it, did it come out the way you wanted, I know you were looking for a particular "look"?

I'm very happy with it. I dont have the best luck with fish but with corals I do very good knock on wood. I added a powder blue yesterday ad a blue fin jawfish. The powder blue eats like a pig but the jawfish hasn't shown his face since I dropped him in the tank. Hopefully soon he comes out. Thanks for the compliments