• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My tank thread

Beautiful nem, guessing its a rainbow.
For some reason I cant keep them, tank parameters all good, they just dont do well.
Grats on it, when mine was alive it was beautiful.
Mark, I've found that feeding them a meaty item larger than a piece of mysis once per week (at most) and keeping the tank a little dirty +10ppm nitrates is advantageous in keeping most anemones happy. HTH

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I would like to thank @Bad Fish and @redfishbluefish for hooking me up with some frags. The pink birdnest is from @redfishbluefish which I got at the last meeting. The red monti cap is from @Bad Fish from last meeting (a raffle ticket he won but gave it to me) and the bam bam zoas and montipora confusa I picked up when I visited @Bad Fish house the other day.

Birdnest
20160716_122516.jpg

monti cap
20160716_122531.jpg

Bam Bam Zoa
20160716_122447.jpg

Montipora Confusa
20160716_122506.jpg

Very nice tank set up. Well thought out for sure. I like your scape! What was the name of that specific paint you were going to use to paint your PVC?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Very nice tank set up. Well thought out for sure. I like your scape! What was the name of that specific paint you were going to use to paint your PVC?

Thanks

I find it funny people like my scape. I like my scape but its not like I spent a large amount of time on it. I put all the rock on a towel and slowly started to stack them until. I ended up with what I got there. Took me maybe 30mins or so to scape that tank.

Krylon is the name of the paint company. I have not done this yet (still slowly building my lines) Seeing how my system been running fine I have not been pressured to get the new pump in. Every time I see the new pump sitting I want to get it in but then I get lazy lol. Hopefully soon I can get it installed.

Here a thread about the paint I saw. Still doing research into the paint myself but got to build everything first. http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/safe-paint-for-pvc-inside-tank-101344.html

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So it been just over a week since I added 5 Mangroves and about 5 hermit crabs to my tank. Since then my algae has almost disappear. Not sure what to count it to but I will take it no matter what lol. This rock was basically cover last weekend now only this small patch is left.
20160903_132026.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So it been just over a week since I added 5 Mangroves and about 5 hermit crabs to my tank. Since then my algae has almost disappear. Not sure what to count it to but I will take it no matter what lol. This rock was basically cover last weekend now only this small patch is left.
View attachment 13975
Nice James! Glad to hear the algae is clearing up for you.