• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My tank thread

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Well now that I am getting into the whole Smart Home system I added a Philips Hue rope light to under my sump; my current disc led wireless switch stopped working (most likely just need new batteries). This is much brighter than the disc light anyway so I'm liking the light right now. Now it uses 3m sticky tape on the back to mount. It didn't seem to take hold as well as I would like so I am keeping a close eye on it hoping it doesn't fall.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Well today is a sad day but a day that needed to come. I finally breaking the 54g down temporary.

For anyone who might not already know I am moving out of my apartment and into my mom's. This in hope to be able to buy my own house with in a year. Due to limited space and the expecting of my third child I can't take my 54 with me. The tank and equipment are going to go into storage.

Now comes the hard work of cleaning everything to be put away.

Here is my last picture of the tank fully stock and then a picture empty.

IMG_20170121_162047_945.jpg

IMG_20170122_170844.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This was listed as "Bad Nursery Ideas"

aquarium-baby.jpg

Looks good to me....I can only guess they didn't have proper lighting! :eek: :D

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
This was listed as "Bad Nursery Ideas"

aquarium-baby.jpg

Looks good to me....I can only guess they didn't have proper lighting! :eek: :D

Lighting is key but I think the issue above is the substrate they used. You see they used gravel which babies can put in their mouth and becoming chocking hazers. Also they don't feel good on the skin so aggression raise. They should had used sand here.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So today while troubleshooting code issues I decided to look back over this thread. Man do I miss having this tank. I so can’t wait to get into a house and get a tank going again.