• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mynd's Aquapod - 01.07.07

Hello All,

New Update and MOD. Added a coralife pro plus fixture with 150w MH and dual 65w actinics including 2 lunar lights. Right now the bulb is 14k and I love the color even though you can't see much in the photo you can see the great hanging job I did.. lol

Not sure if I am going to be able to capture what the tank really looks like any more with these lights. Everything looks blue in the photos, but not in real life.

PB270009.jpg

This was a gift for my wedding from a great friend. Thanks!

Wow that was a big upgrade :eek:. You decided not to DIY a mod yourself I guess. Looks great if very blue. Can you give us a pic with the lights out to see the hanging job?

mynd said:
Not sure if I am going to be able to capture what the tank really looks like any more with these lights. Everything looks blue in the photos, but not in real life.

Adjust White Ballance on your camera (if possible).

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very nice gift from your friends! I hope your wife agrees. How was the big day? And where are the pictures?!

Very nice upgrade!! I wanted to hang a light over the 7 gallon minibow but I've been banned from putting any more holes in the ceiling or walls :p

Thanks for all the kind words everyone I am really happy with this change. I just wish I could show it off. Not having a white balance able camera is very frustrating. Here are some new shots. Take them as they are. Just showing off whites, actinics and moonlights along with some new growth shots. Enjoy. Pnoy YOU DA MAN!

PB290002.jpg

PB290003-1.jpg

PB290004.jpg

PB290004-1.jpg

PB290008.jpg

PB290009-1.jpg

PB290016.jpg

PB290019.jpg

PB290003.jpg

Not all of them are great shots, some blurry but I tried. :)

I love my acans twan.. Going to be getting a few more really soon along with some rics. However, before that happens I decided to pay AO a visit and get one of these

http://www.marinecenter.com/inverts/clams/croceaclamelectric/

that is just for reference. This however, is what it looked like about 30 minutes after I got him in the tank and believe it or not it moved itself and footed in a happy spot. This type of clam only gets to 6 inches if you are lucky. Does not have to be in the sand, and enjoys high light, moderate flow and phyto for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :)

PC050003.jpg

PC060002.jpg

The second photo was taken the next day. Sorry it is a little blurry. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Will be getting those wedding photos online shortly as we just got the proof on Tuesday this week. Thanks for looking.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck with the clam. It is beautiful. We have a gorgeous clam in the stock tank in the basement. I had something bothering it in the display tank and we had to pull it out. It opens so wide down there, I know it is happy, but I'm sure not.

Looking forward to the wedding pics!

Very nice mynd..your tank is coming along pretty nice and im seeing more progression of it... Keep us updated and congrats on the clams

steve

Thanks Steve & Phyl!

New additions, sorry if there are duplicates. Thanks Candi!

Hello there,

I don't have the best camera to take photos under 14k with dual actinics. However, I hope your imagination can work at how awesome these frags look under this lighting in person.

Thanks Steve! Looks like the purple eye keds reds are back!

PC110009.jpg

PC110001.jpg

PC110004.jpg

PC110007.jpg

PC110010.jpg

PC110011.jpg

PC060002.jpg

PC060010.jpg

Thanks for looking.. I just wish I could capture their vibrance in RL.

and some more

Here are some more a few hours later:

PC110002.jpg

PC110004-1.jpg

PC110003.jpg

PC110009-1.jpg

None of these images are photoshoped, this is what they look like under the 14k MH and dual 65w 03 actinics from coralife.

Wow looks great you went crazy from the looks of things!! Is that from the place you found on your honeymoon?
Everything looks really healthy.