• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 420 gal Plus reef tank build in m y sunroom

I can tell a lot of planning went into it. I was glad to see you put the sump in the basement vs under the stand, definitely works out better that way.

My setup my sump is along the wall behind my tank making a L shape and I love being able to just reach in and do whatever I need.

I told the gf on the way home tonight how much my dream tank would cost and she was guessing like $500k. I told her probably more in line with like $40k she was like that isn't that bad :X!

Here is an update with some pics. Tank been running weell and added a JBJ chiller and 2 maxspect Gyres at each end.
Here are some pics...
20151004_172100_resized_1.jpg20151004_172117_resized_1.jpg20151004_172108_resized_1.jpg20151004_172131_resized_1.jpg

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Wow. Beautiful tank. Awesome aquascaping! !

Here is a longer video[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kFbNluPhSIY1JMT1hYaFVoems/view?usp=sharing&ts=56183d57[/video]

so here is a 6 month update.
Took out the 2 Bubble magnus 9 skimmers...and went with a Reef Octopus 12" 6000 model...works much netter. I also added 2 BRS large media reactors for carbon and GFO...keeping 'phospahtes in check. I now have the refugium section of the sump running Chaeto and sand bed and copepods now going. The tank is rumming pretty good...had a samll hair algae problem that I tracked to not checking on my RODI being exhausted and putting out TDS and my water changes were fueling the phosphate. Caught that and that is all gone.
Now have a moorish Idol and a Coral bueaty added....up to 35 fish. I have added more colonies and corals are starting to grow...slow and sure.... and here is a video.