• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 420 gal Plus reef tank build in m y sunroom

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Love how small a trio of yellow tangs looks in a 420g tank. Looks awesome.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
so here is a 6 month update.
Took out the 2 Bubble magnus 9 skimmers...and went with a Reef Octopus 12" 6000 model...works much netter. I also added 2 BRS large media reactors for carbon and GFO...keeping 'phospahtes in check. I now have the refugium section of the sump running Chaeto and sand bed and copepods now going. The tank is rumming pretty good...had a samll hair algae problem that I tracked to not checking on my RODI being exhausted and putting out TDS and my water changes were fueling the phosphate. Caught that and that is all gone.
Now have a moorish Idol and a Coral bueaty added....up to 35 fish. I have added more colonies and corals are starting to grow...slow and sure.... and here is a video.

Very nice

The Idol is eating some flake and seaweed...slow...picks alot,,,trying to get him more on going after Spectrum...but not yet

now have 2 Moorish Idols and doing well grazing, eating spongs and some Spectrum
here they are..

Attachments

• 20160423_095915.jpg
    20160423_095915.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 39