• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 90 Gallon Reef setup. - Going to need alot of advice.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The first fish that comes to mind are Tangs....they are algae pigs. However, I would never recommend a Tang for a 55 gallon....too small......Although maybe you could squeeze in a Kole....but I'll let the Tang Police comment on that.

Okay... so I did more research and I'm a little skittish about adding the Yellow Tang... so I showed my wife pics of the 4 choices for tangs... she decided on the KOLE... I like it... beautiful fish... I'll be ordering maybe this weekend... Thanks all...

Okay... so I did more research and I'm a little skittish about adding the Yellow Tang... so I showed my wife pics of the 4 choices for tangs... she decided on the KOLE... I like it... beautiful fish... I'll be ordering maybe this weekend... Thanks all...
You are in a good spot for local fish stores. AO is my favorite for fish. I have always found his fish to do better than anyone. http://www.aquatic-obsessions.com/ if you have not been there. Watching Will the fish whisper catch fish is amazing which I honestly think is important for somewhat fragile fish like tangs. South of you is http://aquariumcarecenter.com/ which is also has good prices on fish. Both are great supporters of the club. Your choice is an excellent one for your tank.

Awesome... I actually stopped by Aquarium care center on Monday but they were closed... I'll hit there this saturday after my soccer game... (They don't mind smelly customers, do they?) Lol

The never turned me away.:D I would call both stores and see if they have the fish in stock you can also ask AO how long he has had it which is nice . Like I said I usually buy all my fish from AO, though I have a couple from ACC they both have the Quick Stop which if you are not doing a full QT at least use that. If you go to ACC get one of the older guys they are much more knowledgeable then the one younger kid.