• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did 180 gal build

Purchased a few new fish off DD on Thursday, they came in Saturday and all seems well. Minor mishap with UPS going to deliver the box to my neighbor's house, but a few stern words and I got my box!

So Thursday 11/19 I purchased a few fish from DD. I got them on 11/22 and they've all been in my QT since. Everyone is eating like pigs and getting along well. After 4-6 weeks I'll move them over to the display. I just did a 25g water change on the QT.

The fish are:
.PBT
.EMPEROR ANGEL
.Trio Female Lyretail Anithas

I LOVE the PBT and Emperor theyre great looking fish. I hope my Purple Tang doesnt give them any issues.

Video update of the tank, moved over the 3 anthias, pbt, and emperor from QT after a month.

My AI sol blues, are looking a bit blue in the video.

Any recommendations on settings for a fowlr?

Right now it is: W 35%, B 40%, RB 35%

What % should I adjust them to?

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you don't have any coral just adjust it to your liking, start raising the white channel.

I'll mess with it tomorrow.

No coral in this tank FOWLR babiiii

I'm thinking end of January I'll look for a hippo tang and flame angel then call it a day. I want to give the tank time to catch up since I just added 5 fish and don't want to mess with fish in qt for the holidays.

Thanks Sunny,

Once I get my last few fish I really want I am done and going to sit back maintain and enjoy...

I think around this time next year the girlfriend and I may be looking for a place together, not looking forward to moving this thing :(.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Thanks Sunny,

Once I get my last few fish I really want I am done and going to sit back maintain and enjoy...

I think around this time next year the girlfriend and I may be looking for a place together, not looking forward to moving this thing :(.

That is OK. Just ask the parents to move out :-O :)

Thinking of calling it quits.... lots of things going on as far as health + relationship. Maybe once gf and I get a place of our own I'll set a tank back up.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Sad to hear. The tank looks great. Good luck with what u decide. Health comes first