• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did 180 gal build

I picked up Sea and Reef clownfish today, 2 pairs of picasso clownfish grade a, 2 snow onyx, and a phantom clownfish. In addition two black neon dottybacks.

I am going to be setting up a JBJ Led Pro tank in a few days. I plan on having the phantom + maybe a snow onyx or picasso in my 180g. 2 piccasos in my jbj. and maybe a pair in my fuge :shh:

Still up in the air on the fuge ones since I'd be the only one who see them and the tank is packed full of rock and macro.

Oh and I also have 4 anthias in my display now all doing really well!

Current Stock List:
Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Female)
S & R Phantom Clownfish
S & R Black Neon Dottyback
S & R Black Neon Dottyback

Current Tests for Levels:
PH 8 Salifert
Nitrite 0 Salifert
Nitrate 100 Salifert
Phosphate 0.1 Hanna
Alk 8.568 Hanna
Mag 1440 Salifert
Cal 450 Red Sea

I realize my nitrates are high, plan is to do a 25g water change tomorrow.

Also today I swapped out my gfo & carbon, I am really starting to hate the BRS reactors.

Today I swapped out a pump on my saltwater mixing bin and have salt mixing to do a water change. Hoping a few 25g changes will get my nitrates down to safe levels.

So I was having an issue where my cheato and my red algae kept getting lost in my fuge. To fix this issue I built a chamber out of some plastic mesh to keep them under the led/from floating away.

I am still looking for a replacement LED bulb to cover my 40 breeder with, but cannot seem to find a good one.

LpHD30D.jpg

1vtgazQ.jpg

Uploading a video now of my display as of 9/1/2014

Next weekend I will be cleaning my quarantine and then keeping my eyes on DD for some tangs/angels :x I haven't added a fish to my tank since August 23 and everyone is doing great!

I still need to find a bulb for my fuge to cover the 40 breeder bah!

Thanks James,

I'm going to hold off on buying anything until my QT is running. I kind of want to buy an apex jr to control the heaters in it :x.

I like your scape, very simple. Did u use anything to stack the rocks on the left? Debating on doing numerous islands in my tank but never attempted it.

Thank you, and it is kind of simple, but took a bit of time to make.

The stack on the left I used a large drill bit and some 1/2" pvc, placed the pipe through and then stacked the rocks. I used some putty to hold it all together. That left pillar is no more, I cut it in half and think it looks better now.

Thank you, and it is kind of simple, but took a bit of time to make.

The stack on the left I used a large drill bit and some 1/2" pvc, placed the pipe through and then stacked the rocks. I used some putty to hold it all together. That left pillar is no more, I cut it in half and think it looks better now.
Well I didn't mean simple as in fast! Lol all rock scapes take time!

Do you think drilling pouros rock like the BRS reef saver will work or do u think it would fall apart upon drilling?

Well I didn't mean simple as in fast! Lol all rock scapes take time!

Do you think drilling pouros rock like the BRS reef saver will work or do u think it would fall apart upon drilling?

It may work if the rock is thick enough, you must go slow and steady and use the FORCE (DO NOT USE FORCE).

I honestly cracked a few rocks before I got it down. Literally just go slow and steady, let the drill do its thing. Oh and do it outside, I got a sandstorm and Darude wasn't on my pandora.

Added maxspect gyre on my overflow to replace my WP60, this thing is really great. Still tweaking the angle of flow and power settings, but overall very impressed with it.

77KaPBil.jpg

Just ordered a powder blue tang and hippo tang from diver's den :x should be here Thursday.... first fish I'm adding since 08/23/2014

They will be placed in my 55g QT to get them eating/adjusted and I'll observe them for a minimum 2 weeks before moving to my display.

I plan on only treating if necessary, if I treat I picked up the new life spectrum ick shield powder and I have prazi-pro.

I have good experiences with diver's den and don't foresee there being any issues. Fingers crossed as these are 2 fish that I absolutely love!