• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did 180 gal build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
If you go with the emp, you might want to nix the shrimp as they might become a snack.

If you go with the emp, you might want to nix the shrimp as they might become a snack.

I think I'm going to skip the emperor all together.

My anthias just got here, unboxed and floating the bags now. I must say Diver's Den's packaging is A+++. UPS on the other hand if it weren't for my dogs I'd never known it was delivered since the jabroni didn't ring the bell!

I think I'm going to skip the emperor all together.

My anthias just got here, unboxed and floating the bags now. I must say Diver's Den's packaging is A+++. UPS on the other hand if it weren't for my dogs I'd never known it was delivered since the jabroni didn't ring the bell!
Congrats on the anthias. I hate ups I've experienced that too. They've also left packages at my door in the cold with no signature(coral) that need to be signed for and the the tracking said it was signed.

Congrats on the anthias. I hate ups I've experienced that too. They've also left packages at my door in the cold with no signature(coral) that need to be signed for and the the tracking said it was signed.

We had one UPS driver who came to our house for YEARS, always gave my dogs treats and loved seeing them. Always rang the bell and never had any issues. Well I guess he is gone or a different route because whoever it is now just runs up, throws the box on the steps and runs away. Next time I order something coming UPS I'm going to sit outside and wait for them and have words. If it weren't for my 2 dogs barking like mad I'd never know the box was just SITTING outside on the porch.

Fedex on the other hand they always are great and ring the bell.

I also think I'm going to start shipping live items to my office which is 10 minutes away, then there's no excuse for them not to get to me right away.

Anyway enough about them, the fish are all in my QT and seem to be okay. I have all the lights off now and will turn on the light for a few later tonight just to feed them. I think diver's den might have a new customer since this is my first purchase and I'm very happy!

A few of my non-reefer friends saw the fish and asked if they were goldfish !!!! :mad:

After digging out my shovel, they won't make that mistake again :).

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I said the same thing about a fish I saw in California....but no shovels were involved. Eventually found out is was a Garibaldi....one of the damselfish.....and very common around San Diego.

garibaldi.jpg

spaceout.gif

Just reviewing my build thread, I've developed a lot of patience and letting my tank takes it course.

4/25/2014 - all fish gone
5/11/2014 - started cycling tank again
7/02/2014 - purchased anthias from diver's den

anthias in qt since 7/2/2014

My anthias will be out of QT on 8/16

I think the next fish into the QT will be:

1. Midas Blenny
2. Flame Angel
3. ? - not sure what to do

My anthias will be out of QT on 8/16

I think the next fish into the QT will be:

1. Midas Blenny
2. Flame Angel
3. ? - not sure what to do

I'm doing the QT thing also. They say to start with the most timid fish and build up from there in aggressiveness. Flame Angel will be one of my last fishes.

Well I lost my male anthias in QT it looks like, I think there was an issue with the salt I used to do my water change with because right after the tank was very cloudy/milky white. Blah!

I moved the remaining 2 anthias to my DT, hopefully whatever got the male I wasn't too late and they are okay.

I hate this hobby sometimes

So nothing much to update on the tank really. I had 3 anthias in QT, 1 of them didn't make it. I think it died due to an issue with a salt mix I did for a water change. Lesson learned!

Right now the other 2 are currently in my display, one of the females is moving towards a male.

My buddy Steve found a trio of females on Diver's Den, so I picked them up today :). The beauties will be here on Saturday, making for a total of 5 Maldives Anthias.

Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Female Trio)
_cfimg-1198209356775962928.PNG