• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Potter anyone?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
See, now I heard the Transformers was terrible. That's one I would like to see on video.. I had a million of those things when I was growing up.

Wow, I haven't heard one person say it was terrible! Maybe some cheesy acting by the lead girl in it but other than that it was amazing.

If you grew up with them, I'd strongly suggest going to see it in the theater. Worth every penny.

ReefDrumz said:
Have you ever tried those Bertie Bott's every flavor beans?

Some of them are really gross!

So I'm doing some tank maintenance and I thought of this post.

What would happen if Bertie Bott became aware of the muggle reefing community?

Skimmer Nog

Old Xenia

Purple Cyano???

Yum!!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Skimmer Nog...lol...Gross!

Well, we went to see it tonight, It was good, but do yourself a favor and don't read the book as a refresher before you go.

..... Mall of Georgia IMAX at 1:00 this past Thursday.

It was very fun, even with the 3D part not working that well for me, and even with not getting in until 5:30 (because you have to do movie post-mortem at a Waffle House or Steak and Shake). Not as actiony as other movies, but, to my understanding, the book was more character driven than action driver anyway.

And, besides, I had read the sixth book and seen the previous four movies (it's a long ride to New Jersey from Atlanta, and that was the only thing to read in the car). I really couldn't have cared less how good bad or indifferent this movie was, as long as it helped fill in some gaps for me.

I have seen the movie yesterday, and while my 6 year old was bored, everone else in my family above that level liked it :) Definitively must see for any real fan of her books and/or movies. Harry is portrayed in much better light then in the book, and by simplifying and omitting many details (due to the time limitations of the media) the movie achieved much smoother flow and yet retained the full storyline. Really nice to watch.

we too(wife and i) do the books on tape and we love the story so far. they just grab your attention and you cant just put them down. when listening to them in the car i sometimes take the long way there just to get in another chapter. ;D
i cant wait to see the new movie and then read/listen to the last installment.
the only thing i can complain about is the minute details she goes into in her writing, sometimes i have to reread/listen to the book to catch all the little details you miss the first time through

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl got hired to do face painting at the Barnes and Noble in Manahattan for their Harry Potter Release Party. It's this Friday from 9pm to 1am. I guess that's the release date.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yup, the new book is set to be released on the 21st. I preordered my copies online and they should be here by weeks end.

Yep, Saturday's the day, but no tents or face painting for me.

My daughter use to work for Walden books; it was easy then! ;D

By chance I have visited one Barnes & Noble book store ONE day after the release of the previous book, that was the most hypeed book release up to date, and they had piles and piles of books available. :)

So for me, it is 22nd, no lines, no camping in front the store, no pushing and showing in the store and no extra shipping charges.

I am a huge potter fan but I prefer just to order my book online and have it delivered to me by noon on the 21st (barnes and noble gotta love online ordering)

I saw the new movie at the Dunellen theater, which is the coolest theater ever to see movies in because it is 25.75 for two adult tickets, a large pizza and a pitcher of beer. They have tables and everything you can eat on during the movie and you can order anything that the bar next door serves on their menu. Anyway, the movie was really good even though stuff was obviously left out. I thought it was the best yet.

I saw the movie last weekend, I thought it was pretty good. The first three movies where IMHO better, but they where lighter/more fun, the teenage angst was annoying.

I never read the books, but recently got all the audio books. They are a great listen! Dick Dale (the guy who plays nearly headless Nick in the movies) is the narrator, and he does a great job reading/acting out the characters.

After listening to the books I bought the movie collection off ebay.

POSSIBLE SPOILER: Just some wild speculation: Dumbledor will come back, he is after all the head of the order of the Phoenix and at his funeral his body burst into flames.... and I think Harry is a gonner in the last one because he is actually a warcrux, that's how he is linked to you know who.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Dan I hate to say it, but you need to catch up on your children's books.

4 previous movies not 3

Horcrux, not warcrux (Which I agree, the scar has to be a horcrux)

John Cleese plays Nearly Headless Nick

(you can smack me next time you see me!) :-X

Just came home from watching it. I think it was great! Would have been better if the two ladies with the 6 kids, ranging from less then a year to 5 yrs, would have sat somewhere else. They did get punk'd down by an older lady at the end of the movie...It was hilarious...She came up to the ladies with the kids and told them that they were rude, people paid a lot of money to watch this movie, get a baby sitter four the younger kids or wait until it comes out on DVD. LOL

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. I just must be way conservative because I wouldn't take my 7yo let alone my 5yo to the HP movies! Sierra saw the first one, but after that they just started getting too dark. I wouldn't even listen to them on audio-book in the car while the kids were there listening! ::shrug::

The least they could have done was kept the kids quiet.

hehe I'm gonna throw the excrushiatis curse at ya brian (yeah I probably didn't spell that right either) and if that don't work, maybe I'll put ya in a boston crab wrestling move! ;)

The reader's name is JIM Dale (Dick Dale is the surf rock guitarist methinks). He's English and kinda sounds like John Cleese thou.

There were 4 movies and my point was I didn't like the fourth movie Goblets o' fire.

As for my horrible spelling of fictional things, I did say I never read any of the books, just listened to them... I really recommend you check out the audiobooks.

The worst I ever had with young kids at a movie was Saving Private Ryan at a 10:30PM movie some lady dragged a 6 year old and an infant. They were screaming almost the whole movie.

/end of my rambling about childrens books and children at movies, I'm going to get another beer. ;D

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kids going to see Private Ryan?! Yikes!! I couldn't imagine being 6 and seeing the beggining of that!!

We had a problem with a bunch of teenagers at Potter as well...They were talking through the whole thing, A woman got up and yelled at them and then went to get someone..but apparently the theater didn't care too much. I don't understand how you can pay to see a movie and then not pay any attention to it.