• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea 130D AIO

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
What happened with the ato did you run out of top off water or did the atk act up. Thinking of picking one up down the road I like some of the safety features it has.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I ran out of top off water....I thought I checked it but I guess I was going crazy. Right now it's working for me without any issues....the programming for the pmup drovery me crazy but overall I'm satisfied

Ok cool thanks yeah some of the apex coding is a little crazy I still can't figure out how to code water flow warnings using the fmk.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
for those who aren't familiar with this, It's basically a kit where you send off water samples to a lab for analysis. This particular kit comes with 3 vials....2 for water testing and a 3rd to test for your RO/DI water

Last edited:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Seems straight forward, just register yourself and tank upload_2017-12-27_13-18-39.png
then you click on the "add new water analysis" and add the 3 individual codes listed on each vial

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
From here, you rinse the test tubes, Fill the one with the green dot with your RO water and the other 2 with your aquariums water. Close tightly, place in bag, add return label and drop into the mail...Ill be sending this out tomorrow so from there, i should see my results with-in 2-3 weeks

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
what it be something
I think these test kits will bring Reef keeping to a new level

i agree, also the fact that RO water is included in the tests makes it more appealing....im sure we'll begin to see more companies offering their test versions down the line

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
High Alkalinity

So....for the majority of the month of December i have been struggling with high alkalinity. I am a Kalkwasser user and have been since day 1. The only thing that has changed as of December, is that i started to use Aquaforest Reef Salt
upload_2018-1-11_19-50-52.png

upload_2018-1-11_19-52-48.png

Now since i started i have reduced the amount of Kalk that i normally dose in my tank...and as of today i am going to go Kalk-Free so i can let the number go down a bit in the 8's

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
This coral is almost gone, it was spreading like crazy, now it's melting away
20180110_144016.jpg