• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea 130D AIO

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Stray Voltage

So ive been having a recent bad streak with my corals, almost daily they have been bleaching out for no real reason. This morning, went to grab something from inside my tank (a coral that was knocked over) and got a slight shock, like a static shock.

so, started pulling plugs and checking power bricks and noticed that my algae scrubber was flickering on n off....opened the algae scrubber and the light was out, though it was powered on...

can't confirm it, but i think it was shocking some of my corals so i pulled it...nothing else seemed to be outta wack

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
It's my drop algae scrubber so it's fully submerged in the water. The smaller unit was working fine so I put it back on....hopefully this sheds light on things

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I think i have some red sea elements that i can use to fix the Iodine, the Molybdenum im just going to leave it as is

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I would not go totally crazy with the minor trace elements. Iodine is important for inverts but just be careful with it because you can overdose it.

I got the Titan test done so it is cool to see the comparison. Thanks for posting.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
yea i have the red sea colors kit and im kind of on the fence about using it. In any case i do like this test, just took forever. It also showed that my salinity was/is off a bit which i confirmed to be true, so overall id say its pretty accurate

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I sent this out right after the holidays, and going into the new year (assuming they were off) roughly about 3 weeks. It may be a quicker turn around time under a more normal circumstance.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I got mines from @MarineDepot back in December. If you do a quick youtube search, you'll be able to see some videos posted by users. Theres one in particular where a guy did a comparison between the 3 testing companies

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I can't catch a break.....

1st it was the red flatworms and now it's montipora nudibranch's in my tank.

I'm loosing hard corals left n right in this tank :cower:20180124_210337.jpg

Attachments

• 20180124_205613.jpg
    20180124_205613.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Oh wow! Sorry...did you get a new coral? You had posted back on the 11th your coral was growing like crazy but it was melting away. Is a nudibranch responsible?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Recently I got a few frags from friends and in all honesty I haven't had time to thoroughly dip these guys.

It's all my fault and now im paying the price

Will a six line wrasse eat them? I've heard a banana wrasse doing the trick

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Auto Feeder

So, currently i do not own a Neptune Apex AFS. With its high price tag, and mixed reviews (more bad than good) for the most part i have stayed away from it. So instead, when i go away for an extended period time, I use my old reliable Eheim Auto Feeder https://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_F...tic_Fish_Feeder-Eheim-EH3581-FIFDFEAF-vi.html.

To make this independent feeder work on my system, I changed one of the un-used outlets on the apex into sort of a timer.