• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

My transition from Evo zoanthid garden to Evo rock anemone garden is complete. Now for RAP NY so I can pick up some gems like the rainbow in the pic.

fefceaac4a648c013b5b54c459ccf9ce.jpg
5647df2d3091513201b4e3e230e70b62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really can't wait for my cycle to be over with.... I'm thinking of adding a few nassairus snails(wrong spelling probably)!and maybe a couple crabs to start off. Thought about other livestock options but does anyone have any suggestions???

No suggestions??

Anyways.. parameter update!
Ammo 8ppm exactly
Nitrite 2-5ppm
Nitrate 100ppm

Nitrites have dropped and the Ammonia is no longer off the color chart. It's weird with my nitrates tho. When I test using the API kit, I get 40-60ppm but when I test with the Salifert kit, I get 100ppm or right around there. Anyone else have both kits and have similar issues?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I really can't wait for my cycle to be over with.... I'm thinking of adding a few nassairus snails(wrong spelling probably)!and maybe a couple crabs to start off. Thought about other livestock options but does anyone have any suggestions???

Well what are you into? Personally I hate hermit crabs. Make sure you add extra shells to your tank as they tend to kill off snails for their shells as they grow

Personally I'm a star fish fan so a serpent star could be a nice addition, may hide on you a lot though

I wanted to get a pair of ORA Gold Nugget clowns but I'm starting to rethink it bc 1. They get big and 2. They're aggressive. I was thinking maybe some sort of fire fish but I'm about to ditch the hood when my new light comes in so that probably wouldn't be a good idea unless I bought a mesh screen from BRS.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I don't believe I had both ammo test kits but I did compare (6 test a week a part of each) API, Red Sea, and Salifert. Here is the video I did of that -
I found them to be close but when they were off there was a big differenced. Some will say Salifert is the more accurate and others will disagree. Unless you get your water professional tested who knows. If you readying any ammo you know its still bad to put fish in.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe I had both ammo test kits but I did compare (6 test a week a part of each) API, Red Sea, and Salifert. Here is the video I did of that -
I found them to be close but when they were off there was a big differenced. Some will say Salifert is the more accurate and others will disagree. Unless you get your water professional tested who knows. If you readying any ammo you know its still bad to put fish in.
I for got you had a channel, want me to market it?