• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How long of a ramp time do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am peak 2-5- I start at 10am and shut off at 7-8. Still playing with that. It's cool you don't have to have straight line ramp. I bump at 11 am and 12 am. You set what you want 10am and 11am and it ramps straight line to that point.

I will play with it. I like the ideas of seeing blues in morning and night.

I think eventually I will want to feed it more light

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have my blues at 1% from the hours of 9pm - 11am I believe. Love the moonlight effect. I have mine ramping up over a 2hr period but haven't really played with too many of the percentages yet

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't see how people determine if they are 15,000 or 20,000 doesn't matter I don't know what that means. Wish I understood lighting more or those was a reference book. I thought I would miss Kessil shimmer, but honestly these give me all I want

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Well... looks like I'm going back to my LFS. Plugged in the skimmer and the impeller doesn't even move. Took it apart to clean but nothing. Not sure what the issue is but I'm gonna go swap it out for another one. Good thing I hold onto my receipts

Picked up a new skimmer. This one actually works. After fiddling with it for a little bit I think I have a dialed down to a point where it's not going to overflow the cup in 10 seconds lol had to empty it like 5x before I got it to where I wanted it. But now that that's done, I have tons of micro bubbles in the display and it seems the only way I can fix it is when I turn the dials but then the cup fills up fast... is it possible that my skimmer is just freaking out over something in the tank? I only put ammonia and bio Spira in there but that was almost 2wks ago

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Add some filter floss to the rear chamber before the return pump. Or put some floss under the return pump....that should catch the bubbles

But don't forget about it, eventually you will need to take it out

Add some filter floss to the rear chamber before the return pump. Or put some floss under the return pump....that should catch the bubbles

But don't forget about it, eventually you will need to take it out

Good idea... I went out and got some ChemiBlue and Phosguard. When do you think I should put them in?