• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

arvin

NJRC Member
Well, all good things should come to an end. I am done with the 9 years of fantastic experience. Time to look forward and move one.
I will always be there for anyone who needs me. Remember "Help will always be given at Sunny's to those who ask for it"

It was a lot of fun. Sorry to go out this way :(
Truly sorry to hear Sunny. You were a huge inspiration to me and I am sure to few others in the club.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sunny....this is heartbreaking! Your tank was always amazing! I know how difficult it is to spring a leak. It happened to me twice. Keep your head up!

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
With photobucket causing photos not to show up in threads, I was able to find two photos of your tank. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Some last pics I took a few months back.

56712a348a1f6d5d743ff1e74cb6cd32.jpg
76e9dc419bb2758f5db0d6e6c1fcaac2.jpg

Absolutely Stunning Sunny! I feel like crying for you! You achieved what many try to achieve. Your tank will be missed!

This does start to beg the question though...Why do the silicone seams fail? It seems like they fail more often than not.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am glad you're staying in the hobby Sunny but I cannot imagine the pain you're in. Good luck.
Would love to get some rock and coral but no where to hold until I move. If only that damn sump did not break.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
The tank is all set to be trashed. Looking at the empty spot and it makes me weep. I always had this nightmare that my tank is leaking and never wanted it to come true. :(

Alas! This is it. I am not sure what I will do next. I still have 300G water volume running in basement with a lot of nice fish. Fish that I do not want to part with. It is such a ugly situation. My son goes to college in few weeks and now this happens. I am heart broken to say the least.

Sunny

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
maybe a little smaller tank in the shadow of existing space like a 200 gal .Was glad that I had seen your tank.

arvin

NJRC Member
The tank is all set to be trashed. Looking at the empty spot and it makes me weep. I always had this nightmare that my tank is leaking and never wanted it to come true. :(

Alas! This is it. I am not sure what I will do next. I still have 300G water volume running in basement with a lot of nice fish. Fish that I do not want to part with. It is such a ugly situation. My son goes to college in few weeks and now this happens. I am heart broken to say the least.

Sunny
Those who have been in the hobby long enough can attest that a leak rarely deters a true hobbyist. Come back with a resolve to build bigger and sexier. Only you can outdo you.

Looking forward for your next adventure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Sad thread,
But it got me thinking again.... is all these new chemicals and additives we use silicone safe? Theres TONS of these threads these days about tank seams leaking and bursting.
My first reef 135 gallon lasted over 20 years and when I sold it still never leaked.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have been feeding the fish in the basement. I just cannot believe how happy they are in a 125 gallon frag tank. They still greet me like they always did. Folks, I am keeping the fish. No corals for now but I will keep the equipment I need to run the FOWLER.

Just cannot part with my babies. They are just awesome.

Sunny