• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Soprano's

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have to admit, When Tony did his little rendition of "Under the Boardwalk" that had to be the funniest thing since Uncle Junior got his hand caught in the sink!

It was an up and down episode..

Tony went to far.... Deserved it and he knows it.

But damn you punched a boss of the family.....

a sucker punch, no less! Hence Bobby going on his first wacking which was sloppy and is no doubt going to get him pinched or wacked himself. Tony's a smart one!

It was somewhat slow but it set the stage.

Bobby gets busted for the sloppy hit and goes into witness protection.

Before he goes Christopher catches wind that Tony was changing favorites and he either flips or lines up with Brooklyn.

Tony finds out that Paulie saved the horse portrait from the dumpster and Tony whacks him.

Tony gets busted on Rico charges and winds up sharing a cell with Johnny Sach.

Uncle June gets out and whacks AJ for trying to kill him.

Carmella and the girls have to support themselves and follows Christopher's lead by going to Hollywood and starring in their own version of "Grindhouse"

The show ends with Meadow going to work for Syl at the Bing.

The shield has taken over best show on TV. Soprano's were OK, but a 50 min episode after this long didn't hook me. Five of the minutes were watching Monopoly. Didn't notice the tat thing, good notice.

JohnS_323 said:
Glad I waited 45 weeks for this piece of garbage to come back on so I can watch Anthony play Monopoly . . . .

ROFLOL

Are you ready for tongight's episode? I fell asleep last week, but Alex told me everything that happened (or didn't for that matter).

The first season was by far the best IMHO.

---
Wendy

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So has anyone noticed that Melfi and Tony are never in the same shot together? There is NO WAY they are in the same room when those scenes are filmed. It's been that way for a few seasons now. I was first tipped off to it by how stilted the dialog has become between them. Then I realized, you never see their faces at the same time. You'll see "Tony's" shoulder and her face. Then they switch angles and you see "Melfi's" shoulder and Tony's face. I wonder what happened there?

Oh yeah, tonights episode is awful too, IMO, but I'm too tired to scream at the TV so Phyl's ears are getting a break!

I think that it will now start getting good (unlike the last 5 years). Phil Leotardo is tired of being a doormat and since this is the last year, everybody is expendable. Should be a lot of action. Maybe Christopher is the first to go, and then Tony "takes off the gloves".
Ken

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I hope you're right. I was a little disappointed that they killed off Johnny Sachs with cancer. BTW, wasn't he healthy just last week? Must have had a fast spreading case!

I heard Frank Vincent (the guy who plays Phil LeoNardo - curse those rats at Ellis Island!) interviewed today. He said to expect to see a lot of Phil for the rest of the episodes.

Note to all of you non-Soprano fans: Take heart, this will all be over soon! To all of you die hard Soprano's fans . . . . same advice!

I, too, believe Christopher will be the first in line for an "unfortunate" demise. Tony is getting VERY paranoyed - perhaps he will even do him in himself?

I know it wasn't supposed to be funny - but when the guy who died of cancer was offered a cigarette by his wife JUST as he took his last breathe, I cracked up laughing. A VERY vicious cancer it was indeed. ::)

Alex (my hubby) is convinced that this season will be awesome. I really hope he's right.

---
Wendy

Remember back to when Phil's brother got it, they said they couldn't hit a boss, but someone close to him was OK. So now that Tony has come to term's with his relationship with Chris, kiss him good bye baby!

Hang in there blood and guts John, you'll get what you're looking for!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was really upset that Johnny Sacs died. What a crappy way to write him out of the show...I really liked his character.

Speaking of him, seeing the replay of when they busted him during that conversation with Tony... How the hell did they not see Tony's fat a** running away? I don't get that at all...

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
blange3 said:
Hang in there blood and guts John, you'll get what you're looking for!

That's why I watch the Shield. HOLY CR*P! Did anyone see tonight's episode? OMG, I hope the Soprano's writers were watching this one. I don't know if I should applaud or puke!

ReefDrumz said:
I was really upset that Johnny Sacs died. What a crappy way to write him out of the show...I really liked his character.

Speaking of him, seeing the replay of when they busted him during that conversation with Tony... How the hell did they not see Tony's fat a** running away? I don't get that at all...

They weren't after Tony.
FX has great shows. The shield is great. So is Rescue me with Dennis Leary.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
4/22 Update:

Well, just when you think the show has hit rock bottom, they break out the old backhoe and dig a little deeper . . . .

Obligatory violence with minor/new characters doesn't quite cut it. This can't end fast enough!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, introducing these new characters and then killing them off is getting a little ridiculous. I was actually thinking for 2 seconds that he might whack Paulie.