• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Soprano's

Edward771 said:
Ok Trivia question for you. why was this weeks eposide call
The Blue Comet. Howard Stern listeners excluded.

I can't even come up with a silly reply. and i don't listen to howard... so i'm stumped

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank goodness for the Shield. That's all I have to say about THAT. Man am I going to miss THAT show.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any of Tony's crew could take a lesson from Vic Mackey. It's funny that a bunch of tough Wise Guys look like weak little fraidy cats compared to a boarderline crooked cop. Now Vic, he knows how to get it done.

I'm telling you, The Shield ends and you just sit there staring at the screen going "Wow! Did I really just see that!?!"

Unfortunately, I don't know if it's a show you could just jump right into. Unlike the Soprano's The Shield is constantly bringing stuff up from the past and closing it out. You never know what little sub-plot from 4 seasons ago is going to resurface and become a huge deal.

Sadly last night was the season finale. I guess I have a few months to catch my breath.

The Shield gets better each season, well worth renting or buying to get caught up on if you haven't seen the privious seasons. Soprano's have been most disappointing and the finally isn't even extended past an hour. After previews and credits it will only be about 40 min long. Sad sad sad.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
uhh...that was freaking terrible...what the hell is David Chase thinking with that ending?? I thought my tv went out at the end...

There is NO movie.
They're saying he ended it that way because there was no way to end it and please everyone. So he pulled that lame stunt so that every view can imagine the ending however they wanted it to be.
lame lame lame

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wish The Shield was on Tuesday so that I could have that be the last image on my brain rather than this lame episode lingering there.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's wrong I tell ya, just wrong. Thanks God it's over. I'm shocked at how awful this season was. And this finale was was the worst part of it.

Wow, speechless is right . . .

Here's a thought:
Remember when Bobby & Tony were on the boat and talking about death?
They both said that they think when you die it just goes silent, there's nothing more, just silence.

That would explain the ending.