• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Research, talk to your LFS. and ask fellow members. Odds are that every fish available for sale has been in someone’s tank over the years

Anyone know of a person who can build a custom mesh lid? I know there are kits but I have a corner overflow and it seems like they are not made for my tank.

The Marco rock arrived last night. I started Aquascaping. I sort of like this layout that I put together. Any opinions?

I plan on adding water this weekend. I made 100 gallons of RODI all of which is 0 PPM TDS. Going to fill the main tank and continue until it goes into the sump and check for leaks. Then turn on pumps. heater and powerheads, add salt, check salinity, add sand.

Should I leave pumps on while adding sand?View attachment 19985
I would leave the pumps on. I stirred up the sand and created dust storms every day when my tank was cycling. Clogged my filter sock everyday. Now my sand is pretty dust free.

Anyone know of a person who can build a custom mesh lid? I know there are kits but I have a corner overflow and it seems like they are not made for my tank.

I had a custom lid made by octoaquatics.com for my 50 cube very good quality. Took about 2 weeks to get highly recommend him.

UPDATE:
BIG PROBLEM

I just filled the tank and sump, got the return going and noticed a leak from the corner of the sump. What can I do? This is a bad situation considering I would have to break down the entire tank to get the sump out as it will not come out of the cabinet without removing the tank. Can I repair it? If so how? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_20180623_104203.jpg IMG_20180623_104220.jpg IMG_20180622_194848.jpg

You're sure it's from a seam and not from plumbing? I recently had a scare that ended up being just a loose bulkhead.

Can you access the sump from behind? Maybe drain and slide stand and everything out. I've moved a 90g that way.

I'm sure, if you look closely at the original picture you can see the crack. I inspected all of my plumbing closely. I applied Amazing Goop yesterday afternoon. Will add water and check later on.

IMG_20180624_053110.jpg

I agree but I cannot remove it from the front. I would have to empty the tank to remove it from the top. I'd rather not go through that but obviously if the leak persists I will have to. I'm pretty pissed off.