• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to the club! Thanks for joining. Tank looks great. Can't wait to see more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello NJRC!

I'm Sal, and I am returning to the best hobby in the planet after roughly 7 year hiatus (forced). Had to move to Germany! got stationed in Ramstein AFB.
Been living in Lumberton for 3 years and now that we are all settled down and loving life. Its time to get back in to it again.

Lots of things have changed in the past 7 years.

- Halides are out and LED's are in! :)
- Back then ATO's were a fairly new thing. Now everyone has their own version.
- Maxi Jets are no more...now we have awesome wave makers. i.e Vortech!
- dont even get me started with controllers...(Apex) DanceDance

Still trying to decide what tank to get. I am sorta limited by weight as I want to put the tank in my office and I have a basement under me.

As of now, I have been leaning towards a Red Sea Reefer 250 (54G tank + 11G sump)

look forward to getting to know you all.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hello NJRC!

I'm Sal, and I am returning to the best hobby in the planet after roughly 7 year hiatus (forced). Had to move to Germany! got stationed in Ramstein AFB.
Been living in Lumberton for 3 years and now that we are all settled down and loving life. Its time to get back in to it again.

Lots of things have changed in the past 7 years.

- Halides are out and LED's are in! :)
- Back then ATO's were a fairly new thing. Now everyone has their own version.
- Maxi Jets are no more...now we have awesome wave makers. i.e Vortech!
- dont even get me started with controllers...(Apex) DanceDance

Still trying to decide what tank to get. I am sorta limited by weight as I want to put the tank in my office and I have a basement under me.

As of now, I have been leaning towards a Red Sea Reefer 250 (54G tank + 11G sump)

look forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to the club Sal. I work in Lumberton (Eayrestown Rd, just off of Rte. 38) so if you ever need a hand once you get rolling, let me know.

Hey guys I'm Paul, I'm 13 and just got into this hobby. I've had freshwater tanks since I was 6 but a few months ago I visited a friends house who had a 1500 gallon tank so I got a sw setup a month ago. I've always live in Atlantic city and that's just about it.

Welcome Paul, Lots of luck with your system and the one piece of advice I can give is ask as many questions as possible. There are so many people on the forum that have a wealth of knowledge to share.
I also started out in freshwater but started my first reef tank about 2.5 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to the club Paul! I'm right in brigantine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Paul, Lots of luck with your system and the one piece of advice I can give is ask as many questions as possible. There are so many people on the forum that have a wealth of knowledge to share.
I also started out in freshwater but started my first reef tank about 2.5 years ago.

I forgot I am in Turnersville, 45 miles from Atlantic City.

Hello NJRC, Similarly I'm hoping to rejoin the hobby after about a 15 year hiatus. I'm in Glen Rock, near Paramus in Bergen County. I'm in the process of finishing up the basement, so looking for a little advice on planning wiring/plumbing (I'll start another thread). It'll probably be a while before I actually get a tank with our first son coming in January, but I look forward to getting back into it. Thanks, Bill