• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hello my name is chris and I live in Salem county NJ. I was told about this site by a fellow reefer that has been on this site for a long time. I started my first freshwater tank about 4 years ago. Than added a Koi pond outside 6 months later and just this past September I started my first ever saltwater tank. I can truly say I fell in love with saltwater very quickly and I'm very glad I got into it. I'm always looking to learn as much as I can so any info you think I should know then please feel free to preach it. I'm 26 with a 55 gal tank with 30 gal refugium. Hope to add a much much bigger tank in the very near future. Thanks for letting me join and hope to talk and learn from everyone.

Hi Dave here. Nice to meet everyone. I have a 5 year old son, a 15 year daughter. My tank is a 10 gal with a 4 gal sump. 2 occelaris clowns, tiger pistal shrimp and nass snails. Several coral frags too. Tank is less than 3 months old. My other pets are a basset hound and a fire belly toad. Here is a pic of my little tank. I'm new to this bobby. I've lived in nj all my life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome @David to NJRC! I'd suggest starting a Tale of the Tank thread to document your tank. What's great about starting this thread is going back after a period of time and seeing all the changes that have occurred with your tank. Again, welcome.

Hi Everyone! Ken here, I have been keeping freshwater fish for quite some time, built a ~2500 gallon koi pond with my father about 10 years ago still going strong, have a photo attached of my current 75 gallon cichlid setup. I recently started my first salt tank, a JBJ 28 nanocube build; I am about 2 months in and have had a clean up crew doing their thing for a few weeks now. I recently added some coral frags and my first diamond goby this weekend. Really looking forward to picking up a clown pair in the next few weeks. (I also have 4 dogs and 4 snakes in the house)

Looking forward to this new salt experience but semi-scared of the addiction to buying more and more coral! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5950.JPG
    IMG_5950.JPG
    875.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I am located in Clark. I have been trying a few LFS lately, I plan on checking out Sea Level, Absolutely Fish, and Ocean Image this weekend. I have only been to Ocean Gallery and Tropiquarium so far. I stopped by ELOS in Millburn a few weeks ago, but they were still in a construction phase.

Any specific recommendations that may have a nice matured torch available, I'd like to grab a big one that is already grown to at least have once larger piece in my tank for my clowns to "hopefully" enjoy when I get them.

Hello Recently moved to Hardwick from Southern California and looking to get back into the hobby after being out for 5 years. I have had reef tanks for the past 19 years, keeping mostly softies, but looking for more experience with SPS and LPS.
I am also looking for recommendations on all in ones similar to the red seas setup, but not their price. I had been looking at the Cadlights Artisan II systems, and like their dimensions, and look but have not heard much about them. I am looking for 120G - 150G. again, any advice would help.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to the club! I have no personal experience with cad lights but everything I hear about their customer service is very bad. Also many parts such as bulkheads for their tanks are not standard and can be hard to find of there's a problem