• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hey guys, my name is waleed. I just signed over from manhattan reefs with the same username waleedwale1 as I'm going to the NJ frag swap. I have 3 tanks, a 1.5 year old biocube 29 mixed reef, a newly setup 60g rimless frag tank for anemones, and an 8 gal rimless nano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome over here and thank you for signing up for the swap, it is going to be a blast.

Welcome back Bill, and comical as ever I see.

I do like to liven things up! I was hoping to play noob for a while but the warm welcome backs kind of spoiled that!

By the way I am serious about it being a softie tank, so I'll be looking for some GSP's, Xenia and Anthellia at some point.

I do like to liven things up! I was hoping to play noob for a while but the warm welcome backs kind of spoiled that!

By the way I am serious about it being a softie tank, so I'll be looking for some GSP's, Xenia and Anthellia at some point.
I still have boatloads of Kenya Tree...such a beautiful coral. On a more desirable level I could frag some gorgonian, and any zoas that I have.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You coming to the Swap next week Bill? If so, I can hook you up with some anthelia and some gorgonians too. Not a far drive to the Expo center for you I'll bet.

You coming to the Swap next week Bill? If so, I can hook you up with some anthelia and some gorgonians too. Not a far drive to the Expo center for you I'll bet.
Thanks George but I won't be ready by then. My daughter is getting married in a few weeks and I have a big to do list.

i would have liked to come to the swap but I have another engagement.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK Bill. Just let us know when you get going then and I'm sure we can get you some freebies to get started.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bill

A big welcome back it was great seeing you at AO. Looking forward to seeing your tale of the tank. Let me know if you need a hand setting up.

Bob

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey guys, my name is waleed. I just signed over from manhattan reefs with the same username waleedwale1 as I'm going to the NJ frag swap. I have 3 tanks, a 1.5 year old biocube 29 mixed reef, a newly setup 60g rimless frag tank for anemones, and an 8 gal rimless nano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waleedwale1

Welcome to the club.

Bob

Hi Everyone,
I'm Cliff. I'm a recent west coast transplant to South Jersey. Moved here from San Diego during the "coldest winter of the year" back in Dec 2013. FML... Threw away a 55 gallon and gave away a wrasse, chromis, gobi, tang and a bunch o' corals, Zoas mostly to make it out here. I've since gotten the new house buckled down and I'm starting up a new tank. This time I managed to get the boss to sign off on a 90 gallon so I'm in the process of setting that back up. No livestock yet, but the tank is drilled, the lights are on, the plumbings plumbed, the pumps are churning and the water is salted and overflowing. Just need to get a few final pieces of gear, make sure the water parameters are good and it's reef time! I've been keeping fish since college but the tank back in SD was my first foray into saltwater though and I've been hooked ever since.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Cliff. I suggest you start a Tale of the Tank. Although it might be too early to start stocking your tank, you might want to check out our Frag Swap next Saturday. All info is just below our red banner above, under "Frag Swap."

Hi my name is Hans (probably could have guessed that from screen name),

I live in Pa, close to hidden reef and fish factory. I am 39, been married for 17 years and have three children and a grand daughter (oldest daughter is 22, son is 20, youngest daughter is 16 and my grand daughter is 2). I work for New Jersey Transit as a train conductor. I will be starting my 12th year there in October. I like my job but since I work on call it makes life a little hectic at times.

I have always been a fan of animals and always had multiple pets. As far as fish/ aquariums go I have had them since I was a little kid. When I was younger my brother and I had a 55 gallon (I believe) in our room that my father took care of. I guess after getting tired of maintaining our tank my father got rid of it when we were around 13-14. But that is when I decided to build a pond in my parents backyard. Again my mother liked the idea, my dad not so much lol. Needless to say they still have it. I didn't get another aquarium until 5 years ago when my wife and daughter wanted to get another dog. Looking back I now realized why my father started disliking all the pets. I explained to them that the dog we have was enough for the four legged pets and I would rather have fish. A trip to the Reef and we had a 29 gallon community tank. That is what got the ball rolling. I saw so many types of fish that I ended up with 5 tanks in about a year and a half. Community, African and South American Cichlids, FOWLR and a small reef.
Well two things happened that knocked me down to one tank. First my Biocube (PEICE OF TRASH) caught my house on fire while we were at work and school. We were out of our home for months. Not to mention the $2500 vet bill for my dog to be in an oxygen tank. Second was a my best buddy being born (my grand daughter). My "fish room" was being turned into a nursery. I can live with that.
So with one tank I went 125 FOWLR, then converted to a reef. Then to a 220 mixed reef. And now I am currently holding everything in a 75 until my new tank gets delivered. That is a custom acrylic 315 gallon. I have been posting on the tank build forum here and there with the progress.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the swap.
Happy reefing

Welcome aboard Hans. A friend of mine is also a conductor for NJ Transit, I don't know how big the fraternity is, but you may know him.

Hey everyone! My name is Jamie Firsichbaum, proud owner of Global Oceanic Imports. I am a lifelong New Jersey resident and avid reefer! My father introduced me to the hobby at a young age and I've been hooked ever since!( no pun intended :D!) From the age of 15, I have kept a variety of Salt Water tanks from fish only to reefs to aggressive tanks. This almost 20 year labor of love evolved into the creation of my own coral import business. With the help of my family, our office located in Union County NJ is bursting with amazing life from around the globe! Our mission? To provide those who love this hobby as much as we do, stunning and healthy coral and customer service that is second to none! We love to have fellow enthusiasts come visit us and talk about all things marine!
Looking forward to talking to you guys in the threads!
Jamie Firsichbaum