• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What is everyone doing for the reef tank today?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Did a water change and a little cleaning last night. Need to clean my mp10's today and also may try to organize the wiring today.

Just did a WC in both mine and my sons tank.

Heading to hidden reef for some salt.

And planning on contacting ATI concerning a dead ballast and an acrylic shield that flexes like a bodybuilder. And is now a major eyesore.
5 min before lights came on
41B513F1-F2D1-446F-AE78-D47D4D066E41_zpshlln1o3l.jpg

The lights have been on for 13 min
25abecf3914160e3a1edd1d5e8a9b459.jpg

By mid day that gap with be at least an inch wider

Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Just did a WC in both mine and my sons tank.

Heading to hidden reef for some salt.

And planning on contacting ATI concerning a dead ballast and an acrylic shield that flexes like a bodybuilder. And is now a major eyesore.
5 min before lights came on
41B513F1-F2D1-446F-AE78-D47D4D066E41_zpshlln1o3l.jpg

The lights have been on for 13 min
25abecf3914160e3a1edd1d5e8a9b459.jpg

By mid day that gap with be at least an inch wider
How it is the fixture John? Never seen that happen. At least not that badly.

How it is the fixture John? Never seen that happen. At least not that badly.
It's about 10 1/2 months now. So still in warranty. It's worse then it looks.
bce074be6b3d8ca50394d309aea1fd55.jpg

Here is a front view. As I said it still has about another 1" to go.

The ballast was the thing that ticked me off the most though. I was content dealing with the shield. But when I came home and found bulbs not lit I wasn't happy. They are sending a new one out though so that's good. But what about the others. If 1 is shot what about the other 3. On 12/5 the year is up. If I lose one then I'll be fuming.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I wouldn't blame you. What did they have to say about the sheild?

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
That looks ugly. Dude you are scaring me. My light is only a month old though..

That looks ugly. Dude you are scaring me. My light is only a month old though..

I was thinking on your noisy fan issue recently. Just curious what voltage you have the fan plug set to. I think ATI recommended 9. If it is higher it's possibly that could be the noise problem.

I posted on R2R also and a few people said the had the same issue but not as bad. Other said no issue.
I have 2 other ATI fixtures both 24" in the 6 and 8 bulb. Neither have this problem.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Holy smokes, John. You are the man. It was set to 12v. I switched to 9v and the darn thing is so quite. WTF? I mean really WTF? ATI needs to say something about this.

So if we run at 9V the fan just blows less air. I will take the quite fan any day over a fast one.

OMG, what a difference.

Thank you my friend.

Happy to help.
ATI actually recommends that setting. It's in the quick start guide that came with the light.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
How long have you had the jebao doser? A friend of mine gave me one I need to set up. How are you liking it so far?

How long have you had the jebao doser? A friend of mine gave me one I need to set up. How are you liking it so far?
A couple of weeks. So far so good. I got that and the kalk reactor when I was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my tank. I kept having to dose tons of 2 part and mag. I kept getting low readings so I figured that could be my problem. Nope it was the salinity being so low! I will say that after running the doser for about a week I shut it off because I am still adjusting and getting the dosing correct. When I turned it back on it was still perfectly primed for the most part and all my settings were still good.