• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What tank has a nice footprint?

Outstanding thread! As my DW and I are in the planning stages this is the type of info we are seeking. O.K. - One thing is settled for now...120 gal. 48" length. I like the idea of less height and more width. :) Thanks everyone for sharing their expert thoughts( and some great links..)And thanks to SteveReef for starting all of this!

Np, but I still have another question. I'm moving....how am I going to move all of my 55g setup to new house, as the new tank won't be even bought for awhile....?

Could I possibly keep the Clowns/Leopard/and Blenny in a 10g For awhile...? Just liverock and waterchanges...? What would I do about lighting, as I have nothing to fit a 10g, and I don't want the live rock to die, could that even happen...?

Well, the house got up on the market two days ago, but the realtor said that it's the "nicest, and has one of the best yards in town, and great position on the hill, pretty much best position", so I guess that it's going to sell pretty fast...

Hey Steve. I think your three fish will be alright in a 10G for a while but I would wait till the house goes under contract. Let me tell you that could take a while the market is terrible at the momment. The realtor is blowing smoke up your parents you know what. I am not saying it isn't a great house but the market is really terrible at the moment. Second if you don't want to just buy a cheap hood I have have a biowheel for a 10 G that I can lend you for as long as you need it. That gives you some filtration water movement and all in a clean 10G setup. Let me know when you need it I will try to get it to you.

I actually might leave the fish in some rubbermaid container w/ some rock/some sand/ and a powerhead...thanks for the offer, I'm still thinking.

But so far the tank stock for the new 120g goes as follows:

5 Resplendent Anthias (Tierra)
1 Magnificent Foxface
2 Picasso Clowns
1 Leopard Wrasse
1 Starry Blenny
1 Pyramid Butterfly
1 Shrimp/Goby Pair
1 Some Type of Angelfish...still not sure

I'm still open to suggestions...as I don't think I'm overstocked.

Anyone have any idea on where to get Picasso's or even Snowflake clowns, for some reason I really like the look of all that white, even tho some people think the snowflakes are soooo ugly.