• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What tank has a nice footprint?

I think he means to just go direct to the source (catalina) and buy it instead of via ebay.

Also - just saw this post by Ocean Gallery II:
Tank Sale

That's a very good price on the AGA...albeit it is not as nice as the perfecto (with one corner overflow) or the oceanic tech series - but that price is a good guideline.

Wayne- I would consider that fixture if I was going to be buying all the parts now, as of now, I have no money, nor plans to buy the tank. I was thinking of waiting awhile, testing my options.

Phil- Where is ocean Gallery two located, I think that is a very nice price, but I"m kind of confused. It says 120g w/ Mega Flow Overflows. Now is there two overflows, or one? Where would it/they be located.

Thanks,
Steve

SteveReef said:
Phil- Where is ocean Gallery two located, I think that is a very nice price, but I"m kind of confused. It says 120g w/ Mega Flow Overflows. Now is there two overflows, or one? Where would it/they be located.

Thanks,
Steve
OC II is located in North Plainfield on Route 22. They have a sticky I think in their forum with the exact address and phone #. You could also PM Brian (I forget his userid) and I'm sure he could direct you.

All AGAs have two overflows. They are located as such:
13501_400wh.jpg

i know this is off subject but looking for opinion, i know my koralias are going to quit on me since im running them in wave timer, so im planning a closed loop, i was looking at a ocean motions , any good?, i know thier expensive but are they worth it?, or just go with 2 sqwd"s

SteveReef said:
Oh well it'll take me some time to find a job, or two, and raise around 3000$ for the tank, stand, and all equipment. I contacted Phyl about participating in one sometime in '09.

This is what I've decided to go with:

ASM G-3 Skimmer w/Pump
JBJ Auto Top Off System
TLF Phosban Reactors (2)
Current USA Outer Orbit 48" 2x250w HQI/MH + 4x54w T-5 HO
Premium Reef Supply 100gpd Ro/Di Unit
Hanna PRIMO TDS Meter
Visi Therm Heaters (2)
Refractometer
Current USA 10/HP PRIME CHILLER w/ Dual Thermostat (It gets really hot where the tank will be kept)
Hydor Koralia 4 (3)
Ranco Dual Stange Controller (For Heater/Chiller)
WavySea **PLUS** Ocean Simulation (Anyone have a better wave maker in mind?)

That is more stuff, and yet without group buy prices, is still less than Marine Depot.

-Thanks,
Steve

Are those Koralias are the ones designed for use with wavemakers? They have two types one runs on 12V DC for wavemaking the other is ac for continuous use. Make sure you buy the right one.

waynes reef said:
any good?, or junk?

I just bought my T5s from them. You can call and speak to them directly. It can be cheaper to buy what they have built in stock(ebay). I called and ordered mine directly but got them customized for what I wanted. They are still a bit cheaper then say Tech Lights that they are very similar to. Built in USA and have moonlights too and a good warranty.
A few of us have them or recently gotten them. They also sent a bunch of stuff for the frag swap.

Well, I'm thinking about going w/ Ocean Gallery II for the tank, possibly other items for the tank as far as Livestock goes. Any of you ever deal with them? How was the experience? Was the store kept in order? Livestock health? Variety?

The reason that I"m asking is that I hate breaking my bank at Absolutely Fish when it's hard for me to make money, seeing as it is illegal for me to work other than at my family's business, which is a bar, and where I cannot work either. I also cannot work at my uncle's business, because it too is a bar.

Hey Steve. Why don't you sort of plan your tank around some of the group buys. Reeftopia has some great deals you can go back and look at what we pay for turbo snails and peppermint shrimp and you won't find cheaper, their fish are limited but cheap too. Be patient and you can do pretty darn well. Also check the local clubs for tanks you might find a really new tank at a decent price. Sometimes they are brand new. Someone was selling a tech tanks a few months ago brand new.
Take your time and you can save a bundle.
Ask for specials too if Will for instance has a special on a tank you might save there.

Yeah, I"ll be taking advantage of a Premium Aquatics group buy, sometime next year, spend around 2,500$ and save around $400. Also, I'm thinking of just buying the tank/stand now, seeing as how Ocean Gallery II has a special, I"ll keep my eyes peeled.

Anyone know if that Aqua Jr controller can control my heater(s), chillers, monitor ph, and time my lights at the same time? or does it only do the first three.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
SteveReef said:
Anyone know if that Aqua Jr controller can control my heater(s), chillers, monitor ph, and time my lights at the same time? or does it only do the first three.

It can do all of that and a whole lot more.

Oh ok, nice, but can anyone help me figure out how to setup the sump w/two overflows? I originally designed it to only have one.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think the drawing you created looks feasible. As long as you don't restrict the flow too much and the overflows can still outpace your return pump, you should be fine. My only suggestion is that you use a Wye fitting instead of a T for the leg running to the right side of the sump. Also, go with over-sized pipe to further reduce any restriction.

JM2C, other opinions may vary!