• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

$16 six-line food

I guess I should have known better. I bought a candy stripe pistol shrimp at Hidden Reef for my yellow watchman goby. I asked the guy if he thought it would be a problem with my six-line, since he harrassed my peppermint shrimp so bad that I had to banish the shrimp to my refugium. He assured me that the pistol shrimp would be able to ward the six-line off.

Well, not so much. After acclimating, I put the pistol in the tank. The six-line swam up to him and immediately grabbed him. I heard some snapping of the pistol's claw, but to no avail. :'( I later saw what was left of the shrimp hanging out of the six-line's mouth.

I guess I should just chalk this up to "never trust your LFS". :-[ Do you think I should be able to get some credit at Hidden Reef, or was I just blissfully ignorant of the dangers of the six-line wrasse?

call and find out. I always feed then turn the lights out so the new whatever gets a chance to hide. Food calms them, I mean i dont feel like doing anything when I'm full lol

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Brandon, give them a call and ask. I heard an interesting quote the other day. It was something like "60% of the people that ask for something will get it. 100% of the people that don't ask for something won't get it".

yes indeedy-o! ::)

Hey, I'll get to a meeting as soon as they're not while I work on Saturday. :( I REALLY do want to meet you folks in the flesh. Darn my opposite-every-other-working-person's schedule!

six-lines are much problems from what ive seen. i had one that would attack ANY new fish i added and i tried to trap him with a fish trap.every fish in the tank would go after the bit except him. finally i put a mirror in the trap and, bingo, he went right for it.

yeah, I should have listened to people saying the 6-lines are the devil incarnate. I got him to grab all of the pyramidal snails in my tank before the clam arrived. He did a good job of that. Now, I just wish he would... well, you know! I miss having pods around the tank. After having to banish my peppermint to the fuge do to his fights witht he 6-line, there are no pods in there either!!