• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

180G messy Fowlr Equiptment?

A Family friend is planning on upgrading to a 180g FOWLR, and she has around $5,000 to spend on it. She asked me to post on here what type of equipment would she need?

Measurements of the 180g: 72"x24"x25"

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Spend $999 and get a Reeflo Orca 250 from PA (very very good price), buy about 350 lbs of Live Rock from Billy @ $2.50 per pound, spend $300 for CaribSea sand from Will @ Aquatic obsessions, spend $400 on T5 lighting on IceCap 660 ballasts, $300 on pumps and plumbing and you now have about $2000 left to buy live stock from various vendors

I guess the tank and stand were free?

I would go with VHO lighting (I always do anyway!) and you won't need fans.

Skip the Gem tang, get a sailfin or nice purple instead and use the money you saved to buy tasty adult beverages to enjoy while watching the tank. ;)

(And remember, never put your hands in the tank or sump when drunk!)

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
blange3 said:
I guess the tank and stand were free?

I would go with VHO lighting (I always do anyway!) and you won't need fans.

Skip the Gem tang, get a sailfin or nice purple instead and use the money you saved to buy tasty adult beverages to enjoy while watching the tank. ;)

(And remember, never put your hands in the tank or sump when drunk!)

I thought the tank was already purchased, if not, buy a 180 gallon tank and stand from ThatFishPlace next month at their $1 per gallon special event

I saw a gem tang at Live Aquaria for $2500 you would still have money for some other fish to ;D

Seriously I think 350 lbs of rock is to much. Have that much is enough. If you are keeping larger fish they will need the extra room.