• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2 watchman gobies in one tank

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I got a small yellow watchman and decided not to pair it with a pistol shrimp- what are the odds that if I add another to my 40B that they'll pair up.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Not sure how my experiment will work out- bought a second watchman. My mistake was putting it in the tank near the other one- they locked jaws and went from one end of the tank to the other- thought it might be a fight to death I was finally able to separate them and chase the first back to it's rock- time will tell

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Day 2, #1 ( the original ) made it's way past the biggies to the back corner where #2 set up residence- they jawed it up for a while- then #1 has spent the rest of the day wagging it's tail- first along the back side of the tank- when that failed it's now on the glass above #2- I moved the original rock and added another just to confuse #2- it will happen or #2 will Kill Bill #2 just isn't interested 'yet'

I have six yellow watchmen’s in my tank they pair up eventually and settle down and leave each other alone

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have six yellow watchmen’s in my tank they pair up eventually and settle down and leave each other alone
#1 went back to it's rock last night, but has made the trip across and around to hang out in front of #2's rock- #2 attacks once in a while- hope he's eating and gets the message eventually

DYIguy

NJRC Member
#2 is stressed. going to give it one more day, then move #2 to a different tank for a while- too small and thin