• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

28G cube

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Moved everybody from the 13 gal- Fierfish, 2 Springer damsels, sharknose and yellow clown gobies and 2 peppermint shrimp along with some softies, snails and a hermit crab- with the black back the damsels get lost much of the time-

It baffles me that this tank is 28g being 20" deep ( 2" for filter ) 18" w x 18" h- where my 40b is 36"l x 18" x 17"

I ordered some fish and a cleaner shrimp- would like to add the coris wrasse- but think it will get too big for this tank, so just the black bar goby for now- unless I can find a bright fish ( yellow preferably )that will max out at 4"

Attachments

• P7240204.JPG
    P7240204.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Went to clean the glass this afternoon- algae seems to grow fast on the glass, but nowhere else and found that I have an explosion of pods- all over the glass- just don't have any fish in that tank that eat them lol

Salted

NJRC Member
Went to clean the glass this afternoon- algae seems to grow fast on the glass, but nowhere else and found that I have an explosion of pods- all over the glass- just don't have any fish in that tank that eat them lol
Time for a mandarin. Or a rainsford goby.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
This tank is so frustrating as far as the filter/ pumps go- I down sized the 2 returns from 250gph to 175, the tank has to be filled to capacity/ almost overflowing in order to keep the flow up- if there is anything that constricts the flow- something in the overflow or some detritus in the filter media- the pumps suck air- I had to add the 'wave' timer just to stop it- at some point I'll tear it down- add and inch to the filter area ( why didn't they think of that )- I do like the look- small footprint with nice volume