• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A win and a loss

So today my new canister filter came, I was excited because it was the first canister filter I ever bought and I'm a big fan of filter media combinations that can be put into service with those type of filters unfortunately it was a lot bigger then I had expected and I honestly didn't have the room to set it up on my current 10 gallon nano fusterated about this the wife came up with a great idea and one that I'd been praying she would agree to for quite some time, she gave me the go ahead to start up my 40 gallon breeder that has been sitting empty in our spare room for over a year. This is an awesome win, I've been wanting to set it up for some time it's a great size and shape for coral and fish and I have all the equipment aside from a good light to set it up. Now for the lose sadly today I lost 2 fish the first loss was a mystery this morning I came home and my coral beauty was alive well and perky, I fed him and he ate well. I went to sleep cause I work nights and by the time I woke up my wife gave me the bad news in the 6 hours I had been asleep the fish died .. I'm puzzled every one else was fine the water was in good condition I just changed it 2 days prior and there was no signs of injury ... another 23 dollar loss .. the second fish a small black clown goby .. as I was setting up the 40 gallon I moved my power head from the 10 to its new home in the 40 which was a good move cause it was a little over powering in the 10 unfortunately some how during the move the little black clown swam into the power head to hide when it was off I didn't see him and he went AIr born and too the floor during the move only to be discovered after it was too late... by my son and it was his favorite fish .. life lessons I guess any ways I'll keep you guys posted on the set up and if any one has any spare live rock they'd be willing to sell or give me please let me know