• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ACJR's - how are the new ones working?

We should have lots of new ACJr users out there based on the last group buy.

I've been thinking about upgrading mine to the latest firmware to make use of the multiple feed cycles available in the new version. Anyone out there using this feature yet?

Anyone do a firmware upgrade?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My old version is working just fine...I am waaaaay too scared to upgrade it.

I hear you Brian, but I'm working up my nerve to give it a try.

I could use some variations to my feeding cycles; a short one when I'm focused on feeding fish, a longer one when target feeding the corals, and a variation for when I'm doing maintenance.

I hooked mine to the computer just to mess around and by doing this I found out that it reboots my PC. It seems to be causing what looks like an IRQ conflict. I will troubleshoot it as soon as I get a chance.

Jf2381 said:
I hooked mine to the computer just to mess around and by doing this I found out that it reboots my PC. It seems to be causing what looks like an IRQ conflict. I will troubleshoot it as soon as I get a chance.

That is usually easily fixable depending on what other equipment you have hooked up to your PC. It is just trying to talk over the same signal as something else and you need to tell it not to!

jazzsam said:
Jf2381 said:

That is usually easily fixable depending on what other equipment you have hooked up to your PC. It is just trying to talk over the same signal as something else and you need to tell it not to!

This was a test run on my desktop PC. I'm going to have a dedicated Laptop for the ACjr so I'm not going to mess with the IRQs. I plan on using the laptop as a way to access it from my work PC. The only thing that concerns me is that the directions claim that if it's going to be hooked up to a PC at all time then it might cause interference.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You **MAY** need the grounded serial isolater. It depends on a lot of factors. (How the PC gets is power through the serial port, how the common electrical ground is in your house, the ground on the socket the PC is plugged into.

When I am using Aquanotes from my laptop to update the controller, the PH is right on as long as I am on battery power. Once I plug in my laptop power adapter, the PH went nuts. Move the power adapter to a different circuit on another phase, no problem.

What Phil said.

If you can forgo the serial cable and go ethernet. It will make life a lot easier all around.

Carlo

Carlo said:
What Phil said.

If you can forgo the serial cable and go ethernet. It will make life a lot easier all around.

Carlo

Ethernet would be better. Do the new ACJR's come with ethernet?

If you need to go with a serial connection, make sure AquaNotes is configured for the correct com port. If you are using AquaNotes Lite go to Config > Options > Modem Physical

My ACjr doestn' have the serial port or ethernet cable.

How would I go about getting the serial port. Or do I need a whole different ACjr.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can probably send your back to Neptune in exchange (along with some money) for the Serial Port model. The serial port is part of the unit, not an add on, so it would have to be an exchange. Call them and see what they say.

Have you guys seen the new software that comes with the Reefkeeper2? I was checking it out and it makes me want to switch over.