• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AE TECH - Sump Buddy Skimmer ----- Review wanted

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I LOVE mine...
I have the protein system 400 with it built in and it rocks....
In the skimmer review thread in this forum I put pics. of it in action,this skimmer is so easy my 4 year old could set the levels.No gate valves to mess with no setting heights in sumps just pop it in plug in the pump and adjust the slide for the water level and walk away.
Hope this helps.
Jim

reefsandrotts said:
I LOVE mine...
I have the protein system 400 with it built in and it rocks....
In the skimmer review thread in this forum I put pics. of it in action,this skimmer is so easy my 4 year old could set the levels.No gate valves to mess with no setting heights in sumps just pop it in plug in the pump and adjust the slide for the water level and walk away.
Hope this helps.
Jim
what size tank are you running the 40 on ? Im was considering one for my 210. they also have a sump buddy 60 but it requires and external pump.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I have the 40 running on a 120.
You should contact Gary at AE about using a mag pump or a quiet-one pump he loves to max out the skimmers so you may be able to use a smaller pump than the 55.
Gary's a great gut and will answer anything you ask him,and NJ is a 1 day ship from him.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
pistol
I checked AE's site and you can run it with either a mag 9.5 or the CA 1200 internal pumps.It lists the Iwaki or equivalent.