• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

After the crash

Before the crash-
9-3-07001.jpg

Then the crash, four years down the drain-
IMG_2942.jpg

But now a new start-
IMG_4180.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh. Sorry to hear you're going through it too. We've just put our first post-crash SPS frags back into the tank ourselves. Good luck rebuilding it.

It works best if you can convince yourself that building it is half the fun

WE need a Gasp smiley...

what bulbs are you using? did you catch the Lumenbright thread on RC? they concluded anything much under 16" bulb height from the water was overkill and possibly dangerous. Marc (melev) has a great page on the PAR reading before and after the lumenbrights and rivaled the 400Watter with an icecap e ballast and a 10K reeflux at 16" above the water..

ds4x4 said:
WE need a Gasp smiley...

what bulbs are you using? did you catch the Lumenbright thread on RC? they concluded anything much under 16" bulb height from the water was overkill and possibly dangerous. Marc (melev) has a great page on the PAR reading before and after the lumenbrights and rivaled the 400Watter with an icecap e ballast and a 10K reeflux at 16" above the water..

Do you have a link?

I am presently using 250w Reeflux 12K bulbs. For the last three years I used Phoenix 14K in my Hamilton Protostar fixture. I am getting much brighter colors than I had previously when I had sand in my tank. I also upgraded to a Deltec skimmer and added a Deltec calcium reator.

Thanks for the well wishes. I added a PBT last week. I always wanted one and when saltwaterfish put them on sale for $35 I couldn't resist.
IMG_4254.jpg

I also got a pinkish goniopora
IMG_4246.jpg
[/QUOTE]

gorgeous tang! I have never ordered from there - heard a lot of good things previously about small items (e.g. clean up crew) but never anything positive on the fish - looks like you got a winner!

Did you QT the PBT or did you just place it direct?

I didn't have any fish in the tank so I gave it a cautious three hour acclimation and then dropped it in the tank. I was expecting a much smaller fish but this one was full size and nice and fat. Fins and color were perfect without any imperfections. I also bought a yellow tang for $30 and it was pretty small, although in good shape. In addition, I purchased some ORA SPS that didn't ship well and they refunded these items within the week. The only complaint I have is that the package arrived around 2:30 and most orders I get at 10am. It was a cold day which stressed out the SPS. The refund policy is incredible so I still see this as a good experience. It was the first time I ordered from SWF and I would recommend them highly.