• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AGA vs Oceanic?

i went to both companies web pages and i am still a little confused. i am looking at a 120 reef ready and the cost of these 2 tanks are about $150 different. what is the difference between these 2 tanks?

The LFS I go to the most told me that AGA bought Oceanic or something like that. He is not the coldest beer in the 'fridge however so who knows...

If I remember correctly the oceanic comes with the megaflow acessory kit, while you have to purchase the kit seperatly for the aga. I think that's what the guys at AO told me when I bought my tank.

AGA & Oceanic is the same company now, Oceanic has higher quality/thicker glass, & comes with the mega flow kit. other than that there isn't much of a difference.

AGA & Oceanic's overflows are off the corners, Perfecto is the only one with Corner overflows now, they are also using thicker glass and black silicone like AGA & Oceanic. Other than that Perfecto has the best warranty when used with their stands 25years. AGA you have to buy the mega flow separately, Oceanic includes everything but expensive, Pefecto includes everything less expensive. If you have the money Oceanic is a great buy, I have had 2 non RR but recently switched to Pefecto RR tanks because of the corner overflow and price.

I believe you can still get corner overflows on AGA tanks. I know I had a choice of corner or back side overflows when I bought my tank from AO. That was only a few weeks ago.

The only AG tanks with corner overflows are corner tanks unless they are old stock, thats from the horses mouth(AG)

i use to work in a LFS, and i'll be honest, i was not satisfied with some of the Oceanic tanks that came in. A few times they glass was offset, and the silicone job was awful. I had to send tanks back. Never had that problem with AGA.

as yes, they are the same company.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. My 120 Oceanic was perfect in every way when we got it. Personally I love the look of their stands far and above any other.

Phyl said:
Wow. My 120 Oceanic was perfect in every way when we got it. Personally I love the look of their stands far and above any other.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they are all defect crap... just noticed a few of the new designs coming in w/ some problems.... Oceanic is also the higher class aquarium design, the stands are outragiously attractive... AGA is standard for people not concerned about looks as much as they are about price