• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

All Glass Aquarium...now known as Aqueon???

Soooo, lemme guess, AGA hires some consultant to come up with some new-fangled name...and comes up with "Aqueon". The prices better still be the same... ::)

I know some thread on RC mentioned the change - but just was wondering if folks on this board heard the same. Maybe I'm old school but i'm not impressed with the name.

I thought the whole Aqueon thing was because they got bought out by someone else, who was bought out by someone else? It basically sounds like the whole industry is slowly getting paired down to Royal and Central Pet (whatever those two are called now).

AGA/Oceanic are the same company now, they and Coralife is owned by Central Pet and Perfecto & Marineland is owned by United pet Group all the major company's are merging with larger one's.

mott768 said:
AGA/Oceanic are the same company now, they and Coralife is owned by Central Pet and Perfecto & Marineland is owned by United pet Group all the major company's are merging with larger one's.

There you go! And, if I recall right, United Pet Group is what was formerly Royal. It's all such a jumbled mess of buy outs that I often forget who merged and who-bought-who.

kathainbowen said:
There you go! And, if I recall right, United Pet Group is what was formerly Royal. It's all such a jumbled mess of buy outs that I often forget who merged and who-bought-who.

Nope, Royal is still it own entity. For now anyway

mott768 said:
kathainbowen said:

Nope, Royal is still it own entity. For now anyway

.... give it a few months at the rate everything's going in the pet industry. :p

It is just like every other company out there: XM & Sirus

AT&T and Nextell and all the wireless carriers. Everyone is doing it these days.

Aqueon is central pet/united brand name for their own product line. Theres foods,heaters,filters etc. Just released earlier this year.