• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Alternating bulbs?

I was wondering if anyone has tried alternating diffrent Kalvin rating bulbs?
i have been running my 12k reeflux bulb for about 12 weeks now and i was going to switch to my 10k usio bulb for 12 weeks also. i think i am not getting enough growth from my 12k like i was with the 10k in the past. I do love the colors from the 12k. i am just wondering if i should do this?. Any feed back would be helpful. thanks, Danny.

malulu

NJRC Member
Danny,

do you really required faster grow?
;)

IMHO, as long as the slower-grow is NOT cause of any trouble/parameters issue(s) with my tank, i would rather to have 12K with better color, less heat, less time to rearrange, cut... corals... (less maintenance)...
;)

for people to grow corals to get some $ back to get more corals - then, a different story...
;)

I'm with Malulu, I would rather see the nicer color than faster growth ... as long as it's not incredibly slow.

But Ed had a good idea with supplimental lighting in T5.

I have about a dozen frags that i want to see as a colonies. i guess I'm inpatient. I do supplement with t5 actinics the 12k and the 10k.

malulu

NJRC Member
mheaven said:
I have about a dozen frags that i want to see as a colonies. i guess I'm inpatient. I do supplement with t5 actinics the 12k and the 10k.

then, go ahead change the bulb to 10K to shine on the girl (frag), after they grow to be a mother (colony) then switch back to 12K.
;)