• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

anemone 1 mandrin 0 hippo 0

:-[ Came home my hippo was checking out with ich to get stuff to dip him and came back he was dead, My mandrin who was hanging on a rock when I left was layin dead engulfed by my long tenacled anemone. I've lost two fish in one day to I guess my stupidity. Today bites

the mandarin could have died on it's own as well and then the anenome could have caught it floating through the water. there is something going on with your tank....

what are your parameters? are there large temperature swings?

Do you have at least 75 lbs of live rock?
This is very important the Mandrins need at least 75lbs to keep them healthy to keep the coepod population up. I had one that died of hunger and I had about 50 or less punds of rock. Th sucker died of lack of food. The ick needs to be treat very quick before you add any fish. I would medicate the water but be care you choose the right medication that an invert will not be harmed.

Dave,
When I had a bout with ick I used kick ick which was safe for shrimp and contained NO copper, I also treated the food with garlic and that worked for me.

I've been treating the food with garlic and I am using a tank treatment on it which I plan to keep treating the tank with for another four days and then doing a water change I can't remember the name off the top of my head because I'm at work... don't tell my boss. The mandrin was fine when I left and was dead in the 45 minutes I was at the fish store he was swimming around looking good with his shifty eyes. Although I only have about 65 lbs of live rock. I'll give you the parameters when I get home I wrote em down.

Thanks for the help