• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Another Lighting Issue!!!!

So here is the problem. Mainly, it's my tank, which happens to be 56 gallons. yes, that is 30x18x24!!!! I am running way too many lights on the top, and I would like to clean it up. What can I possibly do, that will give me coverage along with some decent numbers for wattage and Par. I should also remind you, that it has a giant black brace that runs perfectly across the middle of the top, right where you would put a nice Metal Halide!!!! :mad:

FYI for what it is worth ordered my lights from them today. They basically make each one for you. I guess I spent a little more on the light then I could have through Ebay but at the same time I got the color I wanted ect. I was going to go with the Tek light but reefsandrotts you talked me into this one. They have the same look and I get the moonlights with this one (not to mention the bulbs though I will probably take out a couple and replace them with slightly different colors).

That being said sorry for getting off point....you can have them build something like you want. I in fact talked to Jim and he threw in a couple options.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Jims a great guy,I have bought numerous fixtures from him over the years and never had a single problem.I don't think I'd ever buy a new light fixture from anybody but him.

JRWOHLER said:
FYI for what it is worth ordered my lights from them today. They basically make each one for you. I guess I spent a little more on the light then I could have through Ebay but at the same time I got the color I wanted ect. I was going to go with the Tek light but reefsandrotts you talked me into this one. They have the same look and I get the moonlights with this one (not to mention the bulbs though I will probably take out a couple and replace them with slightly different colors).

That being said sorry for getting off point....you can have them build something like you want. I in fact talked to Jim and he threw in a couple options.

Must be in the name ;). Yes, he was very nice. Should see if he would be a sponser? I was pretty set on the Tek lights but cost wise with the 8 bulbs included I saved a good bit plus they come with the moonlights. I was thinking the Tek lights were wider but upon close study (what pictures I could find) I sort of determined that the Tek lights have a bit of wasted space on either side and the actual reflectors looked to be the same size. Jim also customized it for hanging the way I wanted also very nice about answering my questions. Happy with the purchase and am excited about getting them. 5 year guarentee on the ballists too is nice. OK OK you obviously sold me.

Hey everyone I will post here and in the swap forum. With a little nudge from Phyl I called back Jim and asked for a donation for our swap, he kindly agreed to send us out a pump with my order. Here is their web site, check it out as they have some good deals going on now.

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/index.php

Their 24" 8x24 light set-up looks like just what I want. I kinda want to ditch the HQI set-up I have now since it adds so much heat to the tank and the power bill is definitely being effected by it!

I will be happy to post some pics as soon as I can. The positive points: cost (bulbs included), moonlights, built to order, made in USA, good selection of number of bulbs, and a very good warranty. They even have a 12 bulb light that has all the features you could ask for built in timers ect.