• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

another project 180 gal

ok i think i lost it now ::) ,im addicted to this hobby 8) i came along to this deal i could not refuse a couple of months ago , so my wife agree and went with me to go get it ,believe it or not ,a lot of pictures so i hope everyone enjoy it .

first this is what it looks like before it went down
newsetup014.jpg

this is what everything look like and me and my wife had to move everything to get it ready
newsetup011.jpg

this is what it look when i got it here , my brother help me getit out the truck
newsetup017.jpg

newsetup016.jpg

newsetup015.jpg

this is the pump that i got with it , i have to change it is to them loud ,bur we have to deal with it for now , is a little giant 6
newsetup018.jpg

this one is when is up and ready to be work on .
newfragsandpictures040.jpg

newfragsandpictures038.jpg

the sump
newfragsandpictures039.jpg

plumming done
newfragsandpictures043.jpg

newfragsandpictures044.jpg

newfragsandpictures041.jpg

being filled
newfragsandpictures042.jpg

newfragsandpictures047.jpg

I had the tank run for like 2 to 3 weeks with some rock and sand .
Right now i have the rock and some corals in it from the 72 Bf in it ,all fish are in there and today i added more rock and more corals to it , i might have some corals that are going to bleach becas i dont have room in my house to put more corals and take my time acclamated them , i lost 2 frags that i had of a blue tenius all ready and one of my purple nana is bleaching away , i pick up a hood from Stan for the lights thanks , it has 2 250 NH and 1 175 MH on the other side and 2 4 vhos for right now , thanks to the club and everyone for all the input and knowledge all this years i hope everyone will enjoy and all complements are welcome .

RALPH

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats on the upgrade, Raplph! Looks great so far. Lets see the final product now!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congratulations on the new tank! Looking good so far!

You'll be able to fit a TON of BTA's in that one! ;)

thanks Phyl and Brian , a lot of time put in to it ,i think my wife is getting hook becas she starting to put her hands in the tanks a lot more than before ;D .

wow 30 looks and 2 replies ??? .

That is a lot of work.. Don't mind the people who don't reply sometimes we just wait to see water in it with the lights on to say WOW!

I give you lots of credit for cleaning up that mess. I would personally put a thin spread of silicone on the corners just to make sure I am not going to have a problem. I gave a 180 to a friend of mine ( brand new tank ) that was just sitting in a shop of a friend of mine for awhile and about a week after he filled it, he woke to a bowed tank and about 30 gallons of water leaking out of it. Not trying to scare you, but depending on how long that tank was just sitting empty it might be wise to reinforce. Looks like from the dates on the photos it was not that long between water removal and addition, so should be fine.

Great work and good luck!

Ralph

Congratulations...first on the new Tank and more importantly in getting your wife to get her hands wet. ;D Now, she is really hooked!!! 8)

Great job in cleaning it and setting it up. Look foward to seeing it fully up and running so I can buy/trade some frags.

Dom

BTW Brian the 55 gal is going to be an RBTA tank only , so only one RBTA in this tank for the maroon clowns ,here are some more pictures not finish yet i still have more rock and mini colonies to put in but thats later .
Dom it took 3 years + to get the wife to actually stick her hand in there ,now she goes to every meeting ,and picks the corals she likes mostly expensive zoos ::).
Thanks for all the comments and complements .

Ralph

newfragsandpictures046.jpg

newfragsandpictures081.jpg

newfragsandpictures082.jpg

newfragsandpictures083.jpg

newfragsandpictures085.jpg

newfragsandpictures084.jpg

newfragsandpictures087.jpg

newfragsandpictures086.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ralph is king of the disappearing pictures. They've probably been replaced with Ed's pictures of his basement!

thanks for the good comments guys , yes Mike that is the biggest tank i can put in my house , i dont have that much room is a small house and if i put a bigger one i think my wife would divorce me :eek:, is bad enought i have 3 tanks ::) .