• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone have experience witht he Tom Aquatics Pro Overflow?

Heard some good things about it and I sort of regret (like most people) not getting the CADlights Pro tank. I am VERY leary about overflows and have always tried to not recommend them to new tank buyers (being that I work at Petco, we get a lot of first time salt water customers and I try to steer them in the right direction).

Now that I have the dilemma with my own tank, I'm looking for some opinions.

The overflow box seems like a well thought out design. Self priming, "can't" overflow, etc.

Though I've heard that you need to stay on top of the algae and gunk cleaning maintenance in the tubing otherwise it will overflow (but who in their right mind thinks that anything out there can be left alone forever without any attention? ;)).

Looks like an interesting product and is, right now, at the top of my list for overflow boxes.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...verflow_Box_External_Boxes&vendor=~tab~0.html

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
The cpr boxes work the same way with the aqua lifter pump on power outage.
I'm not sure I like the return so close to the overflow for the reason it seems the junk will have to fight the current from the return to get into the box.
But maybe someone who has one will shed a different light on that.