• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone need PODS? (07630 Bergen Cty)

So my devious plan worked. My wife told me I could build out a small 10 gallon nano, which I did some time ago. This led to her yearning for more, so we recently spun up a 95 gal that we found for cheap on CL. When I set up the mud fuge, I actually bought some pods from www.reefcleaners.org, and some already made it into the refugium besides.

My wife said, "why don't we take the stuff out of the 10 gallon and put it in the 95?" So we did so a couple of weeks ago. Just in case I decided to do something else with the 10 gallon, I left a hunk of LR and the sandbed in it, and kept the filter/mp10 going, left the heater heating, etc. Of course, I forgot about this tank for that duration (the light is on a timer).

This little 10 gallon is now OVERRUN with pods. A few patches of brown diatoms on the glass is likely what's feeding them (since there's no CUC in there anymore). So - I suppose I'll slap some chaeto in there and make a 10 gallon "refugium tank" so I can max out the pods in my 95 as well as help out anyone in the area who might be spinning up a refugium.

Bring over a jar and I'll suck some out with a baster for ya.

-k

howze01

NJRC Member
Yeah, but you live 40 minutes or so from me......

Karl, do you ever venture down to the OGII area?

I do... I work in Florham Park, so I'll try to make my way down to OG2 once a week. Me, Gonzapa and Asonitez drove by last night around 7 but they were mysteriously closed. Red Sand was open though :)

So far I've gotten lots of "freebies", so I figure I might as well give back whatever I can.

howze01

NJRC Member
Ahhhhh. I live about 10 mins from OG! We went to both Red Sand and OG yesterday. Let me know next time your around, I would love some pods! Since you would be down around here I can trade you a frag. Maybe some Palys or zoas?

Do you plan on going to the meetin on the 25th or maybe you do thirty5? Could we possibly arrange a pick up? (I assume this might be why you said you live so close to him) if I am wrong then please correct me lol. I have started a tank with dry rock and could really use some pods to seed things.