• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

anyone see the very small spotted boxfish at Trop?

I was at Trop today and of course I had to check out the fish. They had the most adorable little tiny spotted boxfish (whiteish, not yellow) that I've ever seen. I don't know much about them other then that they get way to big for what I have and can poision a tank. That said they are still one of my favorite fish so I scribbled down the name they had listed intending to look it up tonight just for the heck of it.

Just searched my purse and I can't find the note for the life of me, anyone been in there recently and know which fish I'm talking about and have a name?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah I saw it. It's a tiny li'l guy no bigger than a Rolo candy (ughghhghg Rolo's!), right? Sorry, I didn't catch the name of it but I'm pretty sure I know which one you're talking about. Definitely a cool little box fish.

Yup very small, actually reminded me of a dice (about the same size/shape LOL)

Maybe someone else will chime in with a name, otherwise I can call tomorrow... just figured I was up (and my 3yr old finally wasn't LOL) so I could read about him.

I'm assuming he must have been a baby yellow spotted, although unless it was my tired eyes he didn't seem to have any yellow coloring at all.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, the one I saw looked a lot like the first one in those pics (the Yellow Boxfish). He didn't have a lot (if any) yellow but certainly had that look to him.