• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone willing to help me get nem out of tank?

I am trying to get a nem out of my tank that has been attched to the same rock for about 2 months. I tried repeatedly blowing water at its foot with a turkey baster with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try, or if you are so inclined, want to come to Manalapan to see if they can do it? We can work out some kind of compensation (fish, eqip, nem, cash).

Thanks,
Ken

Ken you can try with and ice cube, around her foot, or try covering the light on top of her, so she will start moving, thats my two ideas for now

C

concept3

or, aim a powerhead directly at its foot, they don't like that and will decide to move, it may take a while though-  don't use the full force, just a gentle enough but forceful jet of water.

if u can get the rock out of the water use a hammer to hit the rock on the other side the vivration will make the foot come loose not to mention been out of the water for under a minute, i did it over a 5 gallon bucket & the anemone droped right in, it was a RBTA.
it is still alive & well in my other tank.

The rock isn't coming out. It is one of the foundations of the tank. I have about 140 lbs of rock in it. The tank is set up about 3 1/2 months and am not about to start over again. I tired everything and this guy doesn't seem like he is coming out.
Ken