• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquacontroller Temperature reading

I've had my ACJr. for a little over a year. It's been working fine, but lately, I noticed that it's not reading the proper temperature. As a reference, I put a floating mercury in the tank and the two are off by several degrees. I then adjust the temp. calibration of the ACJr. so it matches the merc. therm. It's fine for a about a day and then the two are off again. I called Neptune Systems and they are no help at all. I ordered a new probe in the PA Group Buy, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had the same problem and I found it was the end of the sensor shaking/vibrating in the water. I loosely attached the bottom of the cable near the sensor end to a old suction cup holder from a heater and within it settled out perfectly.

Since all thermometers are off by a bit (amd most even say on the back acruate to 1 or 1.5 degrees, what I do is set the AC controller to zero offset, then put in 2 digital thermometers, I have the reading of all 3, then change the AC jr offset to match it. Close enough at that point.