• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Are u interested in my Mini tank history the tanks evolutions

20180719_214015.jpg 20180725_172628.jpg 20180725_173018.jpg I have learned a lot over the last 2 years about saltwater and have to thank @Jeremy Brito for the initial equipment including a tank and even some of my first critters! Which includes a hand coral I still have! Also @mikem for even more equipment and my cheato algea with micro critters!
My tank had gone through several iterations and 2 crashes but now for over 5 months had been reballacned and in the last month from reefapalooza have gotten new fish and coral all still well balanced and thriving.
I would like to create a running dialogue of data and pics to truly doc all it's growth and the direction of potential bit shy lol I would like to see if this is something ppl would be interested in. For instance I see this like a tool to be referenced as insight to the small tank size and how the course of the set up matures and wat type of issues that are bound to happen. Post comments or just like if I get let say 25 likes I will be back with a lot of data and pics on the evolution of my nano tank.

Last edited:
15325592602491296316689.jpg 15325593355581569332182.jpg Tank is a 10 gallon with a 30w led trio white blue and indigo a hob for at least a 60 gallon secondary lights and a wave making adjustable power head. I will leave the names of metirals in offical write up. I will have future projects involving set ups and discussion of ato light ballence and flow or motion in the ocean lol
I could also say this is like a auto bio on this tank

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Its very interesting.
So, what's in the HOB? Floss and carbon?
BTW..very nice looking clown.

Thanks Mark. That plucky clown is called Maude and there is a scooter blenny named Berniece. Also the cheato algea is a veritable farm for the mocro crustaceans .
15325688604461523201641.jpg I see it as an important filtration piece/ nursery for micro crustaceans/ a flow defuser. Also there is a ton of rock about 12 pieces all around the size of a soft ball. Also in the hob filter ther is about max volume space worth of ceramic rings. A few small pieces of the original filter pad and small bag of puregen. The hob has a small black pre sponge on it that I put a small amount of aqurium carbon into.
About two weeks now, I have been dosing daily only a few drops of b ionic transition elements plus. O and I also use instant ocean reef crystals and vitamins and conditioners. The new saltwater sits for a few days be for use for water changes. The w.c used to be small ones everyday but with recent new research and minor experiments with a few personal theories I have confirmed and can elaborate on.
One for instance, the corals would love 100 water change a day only if u can do it over the course of the day with like a overflow style water change. My water changes have changed to about three 20 to 30 percent w.c a week. I think I can do less water changes based on testing the general peramiters and calcium. Calcium is always pretty high in the tank.15325691766641053232406.jpg