• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Auto Feeder Review

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am going on vacation and picked up the ZACRO auto feeder. It has a USB for charging and claims can go from 3 to 6 months one a single charge depending on your feeding schedule.
Can be charged up to 800 times. I don't see an issue with this since I will only use while away.
Can feed 2x a day, every 12 hours or 1x in 24 hours or 1x every 48 hours.
It is currently charging and will put in action and continue the review.
Link for reference: Zacro Automatic Fish Feeder - USB Rechargeable Timer Fish Feeder for Aquarium or Fish Tank,Vacation & Weekend Fish Food Dispenser

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Charged the feeder overnight. Instructions were for wrong feeder as I don't have a display to set time. I assume once its turned on it counts down/up for desired feeding schedule.
I set it for 48 hours and a small amount of food. Manual feed works well and is very quiet operation; rotating dispenser is also nice.
I will advise on the clock eventually.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I need to pick up a auto feeder. Right now I am using the apex afs and it’s working for the main display but I need something to feed the frag tanks so I will look into this